30

***** back after a week*****

*******

" ARE YOU KIDDING ME" Taehyung snarled throwing the files on the ground.

The soldiers bowed their heads down, trying to back away from the enraged omega, but the alpha pheromones of rotten flesh were making them immobile by making them choke on air.

It wasn't the most unexpected news, something Taehyung had expected and feared even when he had handed over the task to Yoongi and Seokjin, and that's the only reason he gave them the task in the first place because he know they can find their way out.

The fear that one of the families they were trying to vacate turned out to be spies of the west was high however to get news that two of his mates are mobbed by the foreign army while they were on their way back to the capital was taking a toll on him.

To make matter worse both of them had gone missing, the team departed along with them couldn't find them and they had practically vanished in the middle of the forest.

It was clear they were the targets as none of the mob even gave a glance at the other soldiers along with them, it was terrible Taehyung felt his hands sweating as he tried and failed miserably to keep himself in a normal mindset.

" LEAVE. "

The voice echoed in the dead silent chamber as the soldiers stumbled over each other to get out of the lion's den or in this case angry Omega ready to bite their head off.

****************

( Two days ago )

" We will start our journey to the capital through the forest, it will take us a day but it will be easy to go unnoticed in the dense forest. " yoongi looked at the map, exhaustion clear in his eyes as he looked at Seokjin who looked just as if not more exhausted than him.

It is a small province with a small number of families residing in, plus with his connections as an assassin Yoongi was able to locate actual residents and spies of the west thus evacuation process was easy however it still took a long time to secretly and safely evacuate everyone to a safer place.

For a week he and Seokjin had worked nonstop without even a single fulfilling nap. Perhaps it was because they were away from their pack that sleep was much more difficult to come by.

Seokjin smiled softly at Yoongi as if hearing his thoughts.

One thing that they realized after traveling all the way here was that they failed to notice when their thoughts stopped being about ' their Omega ' and started being about ' their Pack '.

And it wasn't an unwelcome change, a change easy to accept and easy to work with.

" We should send a small team ahead of us, leave another to stay behind and leave after us, and take only a small number of soldiers with us, it will be too eye-catching if we move in a group. " Seokjin leaned forward, looking at the map at the same time keeping a firm hand on the small of Yoongi's back trying to soothe his exhaustion.

The plan was flawless, the path was checked and rechecked, again and again, there were no chances of its failure at least that's what they thought.

The first set of soldiers was sent late at night a day before with a messenger pigeon, it was only at early dawn that they got the pigeon back stating that the first group had safely crossed the border.

Only after that did Yoongi and Seokjin begin their journey with a handful of soldiers early at dawn when people haven't even started their daily activities.

It was a peaceful journey until halfway. Seokjin was feeling antsy, a bad feeling bubbling in his chest as he looked around.

Yoongi was, however, the first to notice.
Years of being an assassin had trained him for that.

He looked at Seokjin trying to capture his attention without alarming their attackers hidden in trees.

Somehow they must have known their route because a lot of them were seated on the trees leading to their route.

Before attackers could even make their first move, both the alphas took a quick turn surprising even the soldiers guarding them, and also the attackers as they all hastily jumped from the trees trying to follow them not even giving a side glance at the soldiers who were trying to fight them and hold them back.

It was probably the fact that their attackers were without horses added that their soldiers tried their best to slow them down but it was enough for both the alphas to leave unscathed from the situation that could have escalated to a serious situation.

But now they are lost, terribly so.

Yoongi looked at Seokjin, he looked calm but the fact that the attackers could be soldiers of the west and their plan could be outed to everyone is their main concern.

They hope Taehyung could make the correct decision as soon as possible or they can lose hold of the situation in the most terrible way.

***********

Jimin looked alert with a royal letter in his hand, Jungkook looming over his eyes sharp as they both read the content of the letter received.

Things have to speed up faster than expected.

The clearly stated letter had called both the alphas back to the capital and sped up the diplomatic meetings as soon as possible.

Jimin barely held in his stress as he felt an overwhelming feeling that something has gone wrong and the pack is not telling them now.

They both looked at each other coming to a silent agreement to go along as stated in the letter.

Jungkook took the letter burning it in the fireplace watching over the letter burning to crisp.

*****

A/n

A long update once again.

Hope you liked it ❤

Note: if any of you are a reader of the Taekook book " REVENGE " and do not know, I would like to inform you that its Second part focused on Jungkook's Revenge is already started.