I see you.

Let me tell you a sad story. 

Once upon a time, there used to be a powerful witch. A witch who hated every creature on earth but herself. The witch rarely got out of her small creepy house hidden deep within lush, intimidating forests. And when she did she paid attention to nothing besides her precious ugly flowers. The bitter witch always came out at night holding her cane woven basket and with her bare legs, she walked alone across the forest, gigantic monstrous trees hiding her from view. 

The witch with a stone heart would visit graveyards every night diligently and pick up plants while singing to herself songs that would make men go mad. 

There she met one of those men, wounded, leaning on her favourite gravestone.

The man was the most breathtaking creature she'd ever laid her cursed eyes upon. 

Hereunder the moonlight, as he slept on her sanctuary, wearing barely anything to cover himself from her preying eyes while resembling a wounded animal, he cracked her cobweb stone heart into minuscule pieces one by one. 

Perhaps he was truly the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. Or perhaps she was enchanted upon seeing a creature like him for the first time. One who was not dirtied or cursed by the sick land she resigned upon. One whose eyes were clear and full of life and whose skin was not dotted in black poisonous veins. 

One who did not belong in the cursed land she was born into. 

Unable to help herself she rescued the man from his demise and hid him in her small home. She took care of him as if he was an infant. Eventually, the man woke up. He was frightened. His eyes were lost. His head was foggy. 

I'm lost he confessed to her. 

I somehow ended up inside your huge forest and I can't seem to find a way out. Do you know a way out? 

I don't, said the witch.

She did. 

She was too selfish to be his compass. Too greedy for his presence. Too greedy for his heart. 

One who has nothing loses reason when everything falls on their lap. They grow hungry. They want more. They lose rationality and they're nothing more than a starved beast.

They hold onto things that do not want to be theirs. 

So the witch saw the man wander around lost every day. 

She saw him fall thanks to her wicked trees. Saw him be mocked by her invisible friends witnessing his misery under the shadows. She saw his legs bleed on her cursed land. She saw his eyes slowly dim. Saw how others grew greedy to keep someone like him here with them. Someone who did not belong.

I can offer you everything I have bellowed the witch. 

She had nothing. 

I can do whatever you want. I can transform myself into whatever you want. So won't you stay by my side?