I ʟᴏsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.

"Zoe?" 

"Zoe?" Mr.Hayes asked once more, dropping the last essay he was listening to before looking around even if he couldn't see her. A force of habit he couldn't get rid of. 

Had she left? No, he could hear her shuffling around with papers and books. However, except for the small noises that she was doing while rearranging things, she was eerily quiet. Too quiet for her to be normal. 

"Zoe?" He asked again but Zoe was too lost in her own world to hear him. 

She was currently kneeling in front of a shelf filled with files, documents and more while she went through tons of books that were scattered on the ground around her. All of which belonged to Mr. Hayes. 

The man realized while he was moving into his newly furnished apartment that he had way too many books, books he'd collected through the years starting from highschool when he met his older brother. The later easily planted an interest for books on his little brother which had resulted in all the piles of books Zoe was rearranging right this moment. 

Noah was sad to also realize that he couldn't read those books anymore. What was the point of keeping them when he couldn't read them? As much as it pained him to part with those books, books which were the few things connecting him to his brother, he thought those books could find another place where they could be actually useful. That's when his long time friend, Amelia Woods suggested that she kept them, an offer Noah fancied greatly. It felt somewhat reassuring to know his precious books were in the hands of someone he knew really well. 

Amelia, beyond excited for the extension of her book collection, somehow also managed to have Zoe help them moving the books to her office. She was talking with Noah, both of them carrying a box filled with books, each when she spotted Zoe coming out of her class. 

Her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree or an employee on their much-awaited paycheck day and she quickly caught up with Zoe before the young woman could escape, asking her if she was free today. And Zoe like the honest, confused child got caught in her trap. 

Zoe knew she'd said the wrong thing as soon as Miss. Woods' lips stretched into a wide, fox-like smile and Zoe felt almost ashamed of herself. The queen of mind-games and tricks just got tricked to do work. 

That's how she found herself with her hands filled in heavy boxes and then cleaning shelves where the books settled on those heavy boxes were going to be. Not to mention that as soon as they began working and cleaning Amelia's office she got a call telling her she had a few lectures to give. 

The tricky woman flashed them an apologetic smile (not), collecting her papers and flying out of there before Zoe could blink, leaving her to do all the work...for free. 

I swear to god if I don't get an A from her on my finals after this...

Zoe thought, shaking her head, sighing loudly, glaring at the boxes which seemed endless while still not hearing Mr. Hayes calling to her.