Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀsᴛ.

"Zoe!" Sawyer bellowed as he followed the determined woman. "Zoe, stop!"

But she didn't listen. Instead her pace quickened as she pulled the door of the conference room open forcefully, using all her strength to slam it shut before Sawyer could reach her.

Linda jumped at the sudden noise, clutching her hand to her chest as her wide eyes followed the furious woman.

She was otherworldly. Fascinating. The secretary couldn't find any other word to describe her.

Her hair was a mess, long, enchantingly black, cascading down her shoulders, curls bouncing in all directions as she dashed across the hall.  She was walking so fast. Linda wondered how she could manage to walk that fast in her heels. The woman didn't seem to be struggling at all. She was floating.

And in the eyes of the secretary Zoe was lady gracefulness herself. Sort of comical, considering her line of work.

Her face bare and void of any substance. She had anger and fear as her eyeshadow, frustration had flushed her cheeks, turning into a good blush and determination as her lipstick. Clad in her man's suit jacket which fit her like a dress and black long heels, making her legs seem exceptionally long. She was a masterpiece.

Linda could clearly see why a man like her boss was obsessed with her. She'd be obsessed with her too if she weren't straight. Or maybe she was already obsessed. The woman couldn't help but look at Zoe every time she visited. Zoe was like that. She demanded attention anywhere she was.

Soon after Zoe, Sawyer emerged from the conference room as well, angrier than Linda had ever seen him. And let me tell you, she'd seen this man angry countless of times during the short period of time she'd worked here. The only times he seemed like he wasn't going to bury you alive for approaching him was when Zoe was by his side.

As her boss cursed loudly and pronounced every profanity under the sun. Linda noted he had a very wide vocabulary. She sighed, collecting a few papers.

This won't do. Even though she was young, she was still too old to deal with people like these two. Maybe she should just go ahead and resign?

Being in her boss' presence was putting a real strain to her heart, she was going to be diagnosed with a heart disease pretty soon and not only that but seeing Zoe every day was a big blow to her self-esteem.

"Zoe. Listen to me!"

She ignored him. And somehow, she even managed to reach the elevator before he did, the door closing just as he caught up with her, their eyes meeting briefly before the doors were shut.

Her facade dropped as soon as the secure lift hid her from everyone's view. She sniffed, wiping and rubbing her eyes. Tears weren't coming out but they were there, close to spilling down her cheeks.  It was just a fleeting moment. A few seconds maybe? And then those unshed tears evaporated in thin air. Her emotions were gulped down, thrown in a bucket in unknown places inside her mind, to build up with time and ruin he mental health.