09 : 00. Iᴛ's ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇᴅ

Teenagers are excessively social creatures. They crave attention more than anyone in the world. It's a period of someone's life where connections, fame, and friends and maybe money matters the most. That's what Zoe thought. 

Being a teen wasn't easy but neither was being an adult. You had to face all the hormonal changes in you, had to go to high school every day and watch other's laugh and smile with their already formed social circles while you remained alone and pretended that you didn't want or need things like best friends and a seemingly caring boyfriend to have his hand around your shoulder and kiss you in the hallways or maybe walk with you to your next class. Then there were the teachers. Hipocrital figures which were supposed to set an example for the younger generation and give them knowledge. 

The only thing Zoe received from her teachers was severe anxiety. 

They were all gloomy, angry, yelled a lot, never tolerated a student once, weren't understanding. All Zoe got from those hypocritical figures was the fact that adult life was tough and students were a perfect punching bag to relieve stress. 

Most teenagers didn't seem like they liked going to school and most teachers seemed to hate their job. It wasn't a pleasant place to waste three years of your life. 

When Zoe managed to make it into high school, she had no friends other than the one who she met every day at Mr. Harris' house. Mr. Harris had convinced her to try at least. This was a fresh start, said he. I'm sure you'll make other friends, said he. There are good kids out there, he said. You're lovable and nice, he said. Everyone will love you, he said.

How wrong he was. 

No one wanted to be her friend. 

Slut.

Bitch. 

Don't sit near me. I might catch a disease. 

Didn't her mother leave her? 

I heard she's poor now. Her dad got kicked out of the family.

Hasn't her mother slept with half of the town? Gross, how is she able to attend this school? I'd be so embarrassed. 

I heard she's working as a prostitute. 

Teens were savage creatures with no remorse and awfully big mouths to entertain them through their boring lives. 

The city surely was big but the upper class of the society there knew everyone and people loved to gossip. Who doesn't love gossip? 

The school Zoe attended, weirdly so, was one of the elites. The best of the best. But the prices were also ridiculously high and the school was a money-sucking machine to the parents of the students who attended the college. The only reason the headmasters and the teachers could enjoy those ridiculously high salaries and expensive cars were because of the families of the students. 

The college had it all. The clean classes with beautiful chairs, tables, interactive blackboards, and colorful chalks. Fancy laboratories with every utensil possible, one where Zoe could easily imagine Dr. Jekyll exploring the dark side of science in. Zoe was sure the man would pull a Mr. Hyde if he found out the dreamy laboratory was almost never used. Such a waste. 

Let's not forget about the humongous library with endless books, so many books that if Zoe managed to read one every day, she most likely wouldn't have finished them all before she died. Again, no one used the place except the few students who actually loved to read, the only ones Zoe could relate to. They were the type of people who never bothered anyone and only minded their business. She liked them starting from the pretty girls with big round, expensive, golden glasses to the pretty prince-like boy who always sat in front of her when he read a book.