I ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ.

What exactly is pain? 

Pain is an unpleasant sensation that can range from mild localized discomfort to agony. Pain can be a highly unpleasant physical sensation caused by illness or injury. Also, pain might be emotional or mental suffering. 

Pain is that invisible friend that causes you to feel sad and upset when they hug you as a means of comfort after something bad happens. 

Pain is something that you want to stop. Something you don't want to feel. Pain is that scary little demon that no one wants to cross paths with. The one who scares even the bravest souls. 

Pain can be something as little as stomach ache. 

"He began to feel bad by the third period." The homeroom teacher explained to Luisa, glancing at Joel who was laying down on a small hospital bed, looking dramatically ill. 

They were currently in the school's infirmary room, talking in hushed voices. 

"Will he be okay? Is it serious?" Miles asked the doctor. 

The woman smiled reassuringly at them both, writing something on the paper. "There's nothing to worry about. His stomach is a little upset but it's nothing serious. However, I do think it's best if he comes home with you early today." She handed the piece of paper to the teacher before standing up to help Joel. 

Joel stayed silent as Luisa approached, not meeting her eyes. 

"Come on, little troublemaker. Let's wear this." She bent down, helping him wear his jacket while Miles took his backpack, shaking the teacher's and the doctor's hand. 

After Joel was in his warm jacket, she crashed him in a big hug, surprising the little boy before he hugged her back, hiding his insanely cute face on the crook of her neck. The little boy's body relaxed and he felt a sense of happiness and belonging as he was back in his sister's arms. 

"Thank you for taking care of him." Miles thanked them, flashing them both his signature gorgeous smile who caught them off guard. 

The doctor blushed. "Er.. we're just doing our job." 

"We still appreciate it." He turned his attention on Luisa and Joel, his smile transforming from polite to genuine. "Ready to go?" 

"YES!" Joel cheered a little too excitedly, flushing red after before mumbling a softer. "Yes." 

Luisa shook her head at him, the side of her lips twitching as she stood up, took his hand, and made her way towards the door with Miles following behind them. 

"It was good to see you again Luisa." The teacher's voice stopped her on her tracks and she glanced back at him in a loss of words. 

She'd never been good with talking to boys and never had she tried. The only good relationship she had with something was the one between her and her books. So when one tried to talk to her, her genial brain immediately collapsed and she turned into a babbling mess.