00 : 02. Lɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴜɢ ɪs ᴅʀʏᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ Sᴀʜᴀʀᴀ

Nightmares over the years have been known as bad dreams

Nightmares over the years have been known as bad dreams. To people nightmares are unpleasant dreams that can cause a strong emotional response from the mind, typically fear, maybe despair, anxiety or great sadness. 

Zoe's body began to sweat as she gripped the white, cotton sheets between her fingertips as her mouth produced barely audible whimpers.

The man's laugh echoed on her mind and she could almost feel the taste of his touch upon her skin.

Nightmares may contain situations of discomfort , psychological or physical terror or panic.

"Mom, mom, mom!" The little child screamed and screamed but no matter how loud and gut-wrenching her screams were, it wasn't enough to waver the woman who most likely could listen. After all the white brick but thin wall separating the two was not soundproof.

Nightmares have been called bad dreams for the longest of times. However, nightmares aren't bad dreams.

"Zoe. Zo-, -ke up." Stop, stop, stop. Don't touch me!!

Her buddy shuddered and she bolted upright, gasping for air. Her heart was fleetly thumping against her ribcage.

People remain asleep during a bad dream and they violently awaken while having a nightmare.

The first thing she checked happened to be the clock. Her alarm clock wasn't the one to wake her up today. 

"Agh." She almost cried in frustration, threading her hand through her hair.

Every single night she had to see that woman. It didn't matter if she never stayed home. She was the main character starring in her nightmares.

"Are you okay?" A soft, concerned voice startled her and her heart flew up to her throat.

"Jesus, Noah. Don't do that again." She croaked, relaxing as soon as she saw there was no threat.

Then her pulse began to quicken for another reason.

Noah Hayes was in her room. And very much shirtless.

The man chuckled. "Sorry, did I startle you? I was worried. I heard you scream and I wanted to check on you."

"It's fine," Zoe replied in the air as she ran her eyes over him.

He was thoroughly wet. Droplets of clear water were raining down his dirty blonde curls and falling on his body. A body that obviously had suffered many many days in the gym. 

This man was gorgeous, at least to her, in every meaning of the word but what attracted her more to him was the way he could make her body react.

It was this weird, thrilling excitement he stirred from deep within her. That was exactly what made her feel like she was actually living after so long.

Her heart would beat faster and she could feel something other than sadness. She knew she didn't have much time left and as selfish in itself as it was, she was going to cling to this feeling, to him for the time left.