Sᴀᴄᴄʜᴀʀɪɴᴇ ʟɪᴘs.

When Zoe woke up the next morning, she was alone

When Zoe woke up the next morning, she was alone. The sun was shining brightly and the sea sang a cheerful song through its waves crashing on the shore while different species of birds joined time to time. It was a good day.

Zoe remained silent and still for a few good minutes just staring at the ceiling before stretching her arms and sitting up in bed.

She glanced around the room, hoping to see Sawyer but he wasn't there.

She was a little disappointed to say the least. This wasn't how she'd imagined she'd wake up from the best night of sleep she's ever had since forever. She thought she'd find herself in his arms with their naked bodies pressed tightly together.

Sighing, she got up, the bed covers falling down to reveal her glorious naked body. On her way to the bathroom, she stopped to look at herself in the mirror- this time not to inspect her scars and feel bad about herself. Instead, she was intently gazing at the love bites and hickeys her lover had marked her body with.

Her lover. Her man. Hers. Entirely hers.

A small smile lit up her whole face to the undeniable happiness the existence of him alone brought her.

She loved to see his marks on her skin and be reminded of him each time she walked a small step. Sawyer had surely kept his promise. This morning she was almost too sore to walk.

Her whole body shuddered upon remembering their night. Recalling how amazing he felt inside her, how her body was left at the mercy of him and the pleasure he introduced her to, how they seemed to fit together perfectly like pieces of a puzzle. He was a dream, a dream come true and he'd given her a night which succeeded every book she'd read and every fantasy she'd had.

She suddenly craved him again. She wanted him. Needed him even more than she needed her next breath. If Sawyer hadn't left, they wouldn't have made it out of their bed for days if Zoe had any say in it.

Now that she'd decided to be his entirely, it was as if invisible shackles had been wrecked into pieces, shackles which had prevented her from truly doing what she wanted regarding her man. Now, having him away from her for a long time was simply out of the question. It had finally and completely dawned on her that this man wasn't just Sawyer, the man who had found her after her failed suicide attempt and brought her back to life. He was also the little boy who first stole her heart. Her ray of light. Her support. Her anchor. Her first friend. Her first everything. Her prince.

He was with her now just when Zoe had lost any hope left. The protectiveness, possessiveness and love she felt for this man was frightening. Yes, love. It was love even if Zoe didn't want to admit it. A love so vast, so immense it could fill oceans for years and never run out.

Hurriedly, looking away from her reflection, she stepped inside the bathroom and turned the shower on to take a quick bath, the overwhelming need to be close to him fueling her with energy.