11 : 00. I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ

"Where's Sawyer?" Joel asked Zoe, looking at her with his childish innocent eyes while he chewed his breakfast. 

Upon hearing his question even Luisa perked up, abandoning her phone and turning her attention to Zoe who was put on a difficult position. For some odd reason, she felt guilty while her siblings asked her about Sawyer's whereabouts which she had no information on. Maybe because she knew she was the reason he had stormed out last night. 

Zoe hadn't heard him when he left but when she woke up late at night, regret had made her abandon the comfy bed she was lying with her siblings and tiptoe herself to Sawyer's room only to see he wasn't there. His absence slapped her in the face harder than all the attacks she'd ever gotten in her life. 

It took a lot of effort to not call him and ask where he'd run off to but her stubbornness held her back. 

"I'm not sure. Working maybe?" She answered truthfully, shrugging her shoulders, acting as she could care less. "Why?" 

"He promised to take me to school." Joel's face fell and he offered Zoe a sullen pout. "He said he'd play with me when I was done too!" 

"I'm so sorry, baby boy. He must be busy. He'll play with you another time." 

Luisa snickered at Zoe's statement. "Right. When are you two not busy?" 

Zoe's eyes widened in surprise. It was the first time her siblings had complained about not spending much time with her or Sawyer. They wanted to spend time with them? Even with Zoe? Of course, they wanted to spend time with someone they considered family. 

But Zoe was unable to understand that. She never wanted to spend time with her parents or her family. If anything she was grateful she was thrown from babysitter to babysitter all the time, or that her grandparents made her take lots of private classes, enough to occupy her all day, every day for years. She was also happy that her parents didn't give a sh * t about her whereabouts and that she could freely go and visit Mr. Harris whenever she wanted. 

Not to mention that Zoe hadn't been a good sibling or role model as much as she'd tried. She felt bad her siblings were stuck with her. She could see why they would want to spend more time with Sawyer. Everyone wanted to be close to him even though the man hated having his personal space invaded, even though he didn't even try to get close to anyone or talk to them. There was just something about him that drew people to him like moths to flames. 

To Zoe, she wasn't a very likable person. She was either too quiet, rude or just too sad to make a good company for someone. That's what she thought but a few others did beg to differ.

Joel and Luisa aren't her. 

While they grew up Zoe made sure they were as far away from their toxic family as much as it was possible. They weren't going to be raised in a house with a drunk father with veins filled of alcohol, who destroyed ornaments to deal with his incompetence and a mother who indulged herself in men like they were air needed to live.