Shuichi!! ~4

I need to find out where he is

My head was filled with questions, answers, and ideas in my brain. Then *click!* someone enters my room.

It was my lovely sidekick! Shuichi Saihara. His hair was a bit messy and he had some patches and bandaids on him. He looked really tired and was wearing winter clothes and had a medical mask on.

"Ah Shuichi! What'd you doing here? Aren't you warm?" I said, sitting up from my bed.

He looked at me with his tired eyes. He looked sad yet happy. Heh, Sappy Shuichi.

"Uhm- Hey Momota. I'm glad your awake! And no not really. It's winter time right now so I'll be okay." He muttered. He then sat on the chair next to my bed.

Maybe he knows where Kokichi is.. I should ask him! I thought to myself. "Hey Shu?" Saihara looked at me with a questioning look on his face. "Yes Momota? Is there something wrong?" He said.

"Do you know where Kokichi is? Like where did he go? Nobody else knew where he was." I told him. He looked at me, shocked. He looked weirded out that I would ask him about Kokichi. Is it because I hated him during the game?

He just looked at the floor after that, tears in his eyes threatening to fall. "Shu? Bro? What's wrong?" I said, holding my hand out to his back trying to comfort the crying boy. "He um- Last time I saw Ouma was when he was in shock. That was four or so days ago. Then when I came back to his room he wasn't there, not even a note or his signature was left. He was just..g-go-goNE-!" Shuichi muttered, loud enough so I could hear him then just burst out crying.

I comforted him as well as I could while he tried to blame himself. Saying "It's my fault he's gone", "It's because of me isn't it?", "I'm sorry!", "I'm sorry I couldn't help you Kaito!", or "I let you down after all you've done for me Kai.."

"Shuichi! I know you're strong. Please stop blaming yourself and crying about it. It wasn't your fault, I promise." I spoke over him. He looked at me then slowly took off his mask. His crying smile was looking right at me. His yellow eyes looked like shiny coins for some reason. "T-gulp-thanks Kaito.." He said, putting his mask back on.

He then told me that I could use my cane to walk around the hospital to see people. He also told me that everyone would love to see me again. Harumaki told everyone about what I did, I didn't die the way Monokuma planned me to die as. I guess they see me as a hero now? I did nothing though. I'm doing nothing until I find Kokichi.

Shuichi then left the room for my privacy time. I looked back at what Shuichi told me. Why am I a hero? I couldn't even save Kokichi. At least I can walk with my cane. Wait a minute.. My cane! I can walk around and find Kokichi if I use it!

I'm not that hurt anyways.

Okay. Let's do this.

Word count: 541

(SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG LMAO- -Anni)