Wait Really? ~10

(This is another story with POVs so uh- yes- -Anni)

Shuichi POV

I got back from the school to pick up my stuff and gt my work I would miss. What times is it? Ah, it's only 7:30. I have time to drop this off and pick up breakfast for the both of us!

I ran home and put my stuff on my desk. Only to be welcomed by..

"Shuiiichiii!"

I turned around to see nobody. My anxiety shot up quickly. So I got everything we needed and ran out the door.

After I went to the cafe to pick up something for the both of us. Then I went to the cashier person.

"Hello! How may I help you today?" They said. "Ah, hello. May I get one croissant, one tiramisu, and a coffee please! Oh and one gal-" I paused. I was about to say Kaito's order.

The person looked at me, confused. "Is there anything else, sir?" They asked me, "Would you like our galaxy smoothie drink?" I stood there, blankly at the person infront of me. Then a yes stumbled out of my mouth.

They looked at me with concern. "Are you okay, sir?" My head perked up. "Ah yeah, it's just-" I paused again, "that was my best friend's order before they..disappeared.." I slapped my hands on my mouth. I wasn't supposed to-

"I see..I'll give it to you for free then!" The person gleefully said. "Oh! Um.. thank you.."

I got out of the cafe after a few minutes of waiting then went to the exact same place Maki told me to go to. Soon enough she finally got here. "Hey Maki!" I said, handing her the tiramisu.

"Shuichi, follow me. No time to explain. Also, thanks..I guess." Maki briefly said. I followed her into the forest and to a small place.

She picked up something. "A...paper?" "Read it Saihara." She said. I speeded through the paper then looked at Maki. "Wait..really?" I told her. She nodded. I read it over and over again.

I finally had gotten the message. Kaito WAS here. I looked back at Maki. "So detective, what do you insist on doing?" Maki said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"We need to tell the others."

Words: 383

(Sorry for the tiny chapter aha- I had no motivation to make it longer so uh- bare with me 😔 -Anni)