No Ideas ~12

Another changing pov! Sorry that it was so short! I didn't know what to really include in this chapter -Anni))

Shuichi pov

The others were at the hospital or at school. Gosh damn it! "We have to tell them later." Maki said, patting my back. "For now, we gotta go in that forest."

I nodded at Maki and stepped into the forest cautiously. Maki followed after me and we both got our flashlights.

It was all dark for one second. And in that split second, everything was chaos. But when our flashlights were on it felt more comforting. "Maybe we should use one flashlight at a time so we save power." Maki told me. I turned off mine and put it in my pocket, "Good idea."

I gulped down all of my fear as we started walking into the forest. Small whispers followed us, go, go, go, it kept saying. I hated it. I was usually the one grasping at Maki when I got scared.

Soon after a lot of walking, we found a scarf. It was..

Checkered..?

Maki POV

I grabbed the scarf in my hands. It felt soft yet spiky like something is sharp in there. "This is..Oma's scarf..right?" Shuichi said. I gave him a glare. "Of course it's his scarf! Who else would it be?" I said, trying to keep my voice down.

Shuichi was in a state of panic. I would care, but I didn't have time to. It was too stressful on our hands to do this alone. But if we got help, it would be more complicated.

"Shuichi, let's keep going-" "MAKI! DUCK!" Shuichi interrupted. As soon as he said that, my hands went over my head and I went straight to the ground. BOOM it sounded. Shuichi was hugging onto me tighter.

I looked at to see the tree they hit. Small hole, circle shape. I looked closer with the flashlight, it was a...Bullet?

Someone tried to shoot us.

I turned around to see a glimpse of purple, black, and white. "Shuichi. Follow me." I told him.

And by that, we both started to run faster than we could've before.

Who was that?