Just a Terrible School Day. ~15

Tw! littlespace, inappropriate words, names, Shuichi / Maki friendship

----------

I was shoving my food down my throat as Shuichi started to cry. Of course, I didn't hear until Maki pointed it out. But what I heard was the best, and maybe worst, thing in my life span.

We were all having a good time at lunch. We ate, talked, laughed, etc. It was all good until a cetian someone's phone started ringing.

Just as I got my food, Shuichi's phone started to ring continuously until it got annoying. "Saihara. Your phone is ringing you know." Maki told him. Shuichi spit his tea out in shock.

"Hu-HUH?!" He yelled. Maki rolled her eyes. He shoved his hand into his briefcase and started rummaging around in the bag.

As soon as he has a hold of his phone, it was almost too late to respond so Shuichi had to accept the call while at the table. He pressed the green button and held the phone up to his ear.

"Hello? Ehh..who is this?" There was a pause. "Ah..yes this is Shuichi Saihara.." Another pause. "Um? I don't think you have the right perso-" "Oh, I see. Yes..yes..of course."

Shuichi didn't talk for at least three minutes until the guy stopped talking.

From what I saw, Shuichi was trying to pull himself up in those three minutes. "Ah. Yes I- I understand. Although, we have school and-" .... "Ah, We will come after school then." ..... "I guess 6:45 is fine." ...... "Goodbye?"

Then the call ended on us. Shuichi looked at the both of us, put down everything, ..and ran away.

"Saihara!" Maki shot up from her seat. "Don't go anywhere, Kaito. I'm going after Shuichi. Look through his stuff and find what upset him." She said with a wave, running with full steam.

"WILL DO!" I yelled across the cafeteria. I didn't care about the stares I got. My first priority is to find out what happened.

Maki POV
-

I ran through the hallways, vigorously looking for Shuichi. Every bathroom, corner, closet, and room was checked. All that I had to see was..behind the school.

I turned the corner and opened the double doors to expose a great ray of sun onto my face. I walked over to the corner behind the school where I heard...sobbing?

*hic* *hic*

I rolled my eyes, a child is here? Oh come on. I turned on the corner to reveal..

Shuichi.

I stood in shock before walking up to him a few minutes later. I wish there was an actual child caregiver around here..

I sat next to Shuichi and pat his back. In just a second, he pounced on me and hugged me tightly. "Mwaki!! Nwo go, nwo go!!" He cried.

I knew he was a little from the start of the school year, but I've never actually seen him slip until now. I guess he's good at hiding it.

I stroked his hair lovingly. "Shh.." I mumbled, "It's okay, honey. Maki's got you now. Don't cry.." Shuichi fell straight into it. He smiled and only hugged me tighter.

"Mwaki..Pershon sho m-mea-n-meanie!!" Shuichi barely choked out. "What did he say, my darling?" I said. I hated pet names with all my heart, but it always made Shuichi feel better so I'll stick with it.

Shuichi told me everything. Explaining how she kept calling him names and saying things like "you b1tch", "wh0r3 / h0e", "emo sl*t", etc. And by that I already knew who called him.

I texted Kaito to not investigate what Shuichi ran away from, and for Kaito to come get the little Shuichi. When Kaito got Shuichi, I stormed off.

I'm coming to confront you, so get ready..

Miu Iruma.

(Hello!! I wanted to extend this story a bit so I can keep writing it! You could take the shuichi / maki friendship as an actual ship if you wanted. Well it's 4:23 AM right now so I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Cya in the next one! -Anni)