Chapter 4 - No One Said Internship Would Be Easy

That morning was quite chaotic to say the least, but that didn't mean it wasn't good. Oh no, Tommy, the big man that barely ever got excited about anything other than patrol, was actually excited to get to work that morning. Not to say that Alexa wasn't, she was also, if not just as excited as Tommy is. They all had had a decent amount of sleep for once, got up, eaten breakfast together, and left for work with enough time to stop and get coffee and finish it before getting to the Hero Agency.

Tommy and Alexa had been talking the whole way there, but once the tall, glass covered building came into view, they stopped. They stopped just across the street from their destination, both taking deep breaths and exchanged quick glances before crossing the street and entering the building. The lady at the front desk, who's name Alexa remembered was Clemetine, had looked up from her monitor to offer them both a smile when they entered. They both smiled back, walking over to the desk to retrieve their badges to get into the elevator (and anywhere in the building in general).

Alexa, who had finally found enough courage to speak and try to make herself sound older, had been the first to say hi to her. "Morning Clementine!" She said with a small wave. Clementine was pleasantly surprised that she wasn't as nervous as she was the previous day.

"Good morning you two," She said whilst turning to the side, retrieving both of their badges before turning back to hand them to the both of them. "Here you go, and good luck to the both of you."

They both nodded, smiling warmly at her as they made their way to the elevator. The office where Tommy would be working was on the third floor, and the lab where Alexa would be working was on the fourth, but in both of their emails they were instructed to speak to Siren first. And so, to the fifth floor they go.

Siren's main office where he held important meetings was on the fifth floor, but he doesn't use it very often, opting for the third floor office where his ceiling tall shelves filled with books and documents of old cases weren't a constant reminder that he either couldn't save people or was quick to close them with little to no casualties. Either way, he used the third floor office more than the fifth floor one, but since he had two new employees under his wings (pun intended), he decided to meet them both here instead.

What he hadn't expected was for Blade and Zephyrus to burst in mere moments before his new interns were supposed to, causing him confusion.

"What the fuck is going on? I'm about to-"

"This is important, Siren."

"We'll only be a second mate, then we'll leave you be."

Siren just sighs, with an annoyed expression. "Alright, just make it quick."

The Blade nods.

"One of the vigilantes from last night,I saw one of their Marks." Siren perked up at this, attention having been grabbed by this new information.

"NightCrawler, they have an Enderian mark on the back of their neck."

"I knew it..." Siren nodded, interlocking his fingers as an intense look of thought came over his face. "Did you happen to see any mark of Theseus?"

He shook his head, a dissatisfied sigh escaping Siren as he turned to look out his windows. They continued talking about more important matters, unaware of the two new interns who were on the outside of the door, both covering their mouths, terrified. Alexa's Enderian Mark was on the back of her neck, fuck. Her suit or her hair usually covers it. This was going to be an issue.

Looking at each other, they both let out a sigh. Alexa's ears twitching as she thought of an excuse just in case they ever saw her Mark. She had a good one in mind, thankfully, she'd just have to remember it. With a soft sigh, Tommy went over to the door and knocked on it. Snapping Alexa out of her thoughts, she turned to the door. Siren's attention was caught by this, holding up hand to make them both stop talking.