Chapter 5 - Something . . .

A/n: !!WARNING FOR LIGHT DESCRIPTION OF BLOOD AND MURDER!!

Silence. . .

It was all that was around our rather tall, well dressed person tonight.

Clad in an all black cape with a hood to keep their identity hidden.

They looked out over the city from a small hill on the outskirts of town, their eyes sparkling in the moonlight, taking in their surroundings.

Cold. . .

The wind was blowing harshly around them, making the light drizzle of rain turn into mini whiplashes that felt like ice stinging their skin.

Not that they cared, they had felt worse pain than this.

Far worse.

Their ears twitched, hearing a car nearing. A scowl forming on their face as they turned to look at the man behind them.

"You're late." They spat harshly, glaring at the man with twisted horns.

"What did you expect? There was a lot of..." he looked behind him, at his car that appeared to have blood stains here and there all over the hood and grill, and a cracked windshield with bloodied glass.

"'Road blockage' I had to break through to get here." He smiled, bringing his hands up to look at his bloodied knuckles. His clothes were practically covered in blood that wasn't his own.

"I didn't break you out of that strong hold so you could go on a massacre and get caught again." They said with a frustrated tone, crossing their arms as they watched the man cackle.

"You told me not to leave any witnesses, and that's exactly what I did. You got a problem with that?-"

"What I have a problem with," they practically cut him off as he finished speaking, taking a few steps closer to him. "Is that now, I have a car, and a wanted criminal to hide. If you were going to be this reckless I wouldn't have broken you out." They sneered, brows knitting together in obvious anger, their eyes beginning to glow.

"Fine," The man sighed, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms like a child who didn't get what he wanted. "I'll try to be more careful. And don't worry about the car, I still have contacts that'll be able to get rid of it."

"Good," the hooded figure said, backing off him and looking back to the city, eyes catching two figures jumping from rooftop to rooftop, having to squint in order to see them better.

"I have a safehouse in the next state over, I need you to lie low for now until I can get the operation started from inside."

"You said you'd need my help once-"

Strings shot from the fingertips of the hooded figure, wrapping themselves around his neck and hands. He panicked, struggling against them as they seemed to sew his mouth shut.

"I said. To LIE. LOW." They said, emphasizing each word with venom as he made the strings disappear, one of the man's hands shooting up to grab at his throat. An almost scared look in his eyes as he glared at the figure.

"Alright, fine. I'll lie low, Jesus..."

"Good." Their attention was brought back to the figures jumping from rooftops in the 17th District.

A sense of familiarity came over them at the sight of one of the vigilantes, a small smile spread across their face as he watched them both.

"⌇̵⟒̶⟒̷ ̷ ̷⊬̸⍜̶⎍̵ ̴ ̴⌇̷⍜̴⍜̵⋏̶ ☍̶⟟̵⎅̸⌇̸~"

X}