Chapter 10 - Nothing. . .

Dark and cold, that's how our hooded figure liked to meet with their clients, it was better to conceal their identity if they needed to escape at any given point.

Plus they just like the darkness, it makes them feel more comfortable...

They stand at the mouth of an abandoned power plant on the outskirts of town. Run down machines and other equipment strewn about all over the place, all the results of a small explosion that caused a city-wide power outage long ago.

They remember that day vividly, everything they had planned for months had gone wrong, all in the span of a few hours, all because someone forgot basic training that day.

"Pathetic..!" They snarled to no-one in particular.

Fate just had to have different plans, didn't it?

As they stood with a scowl on their face, another person emerged from the treeline not too far from the plant.

His appearance was seemingly normal; shoulder length reddish-pink hair half pulled back into a loose bun, pale skin with black marks along his upper cheek bone and bottom jawline, their glowing purple and black chest rising and falling slowly with each breath he took. Her ears twitched as she got closer to the cloaked figure, the blue cuff earrings jingling slightly.

The cloaked figure turned to meet the gaze of the other, blue eyes on purple and black.

"And here I thought you wouldn't show up." Cloaked said in a snarky tone, eyes narrowing slightly as he stepped closer. The three inch height difference caused him to look up ever so slightly at Cloaked.

"D'you think I wouldn't? I don't chicken out like any others you've come across." He quipped back, his eyes narrowing right back, the corner of his mouth quirkily slightly in irritation.

Cloaked chuckled a bit, shaking their head as their eyes glowed slightly. "It would appear that you are, actions do speak louder than words, after all."

"Stop wasting my time," he growled, becoming annoyed with the attitude of Cloaked, his patients beginning to run thin. "What the fuck do you want?"

Cloaked stood silent for a minute before falling into a fit of cackles and deranged sounding giggles.

"Oh Error," they sighed with a chuckle, strings shooting from their fingertips towards the man's glowing chest.

The man dodged a few, going to reach for his dagger, only to have his hand restrained and the strings digging their way through the skin on his chest, causing him to hiss in anger and pain.

"When will you learn to have respect for the person that broke you out of that prison?" Cloaked smirked at the face of resentment on the man's face as continued to hiss.

"Fuck you." Error hissed, venom dripping from his words as the strings retracted back to Cloaked's hand.

They chuckled again. "Good, we've come to an understanding."

"Whatever," Error practically cut them off. "Just tell me what you want so we can hurry and get this over with."

A wicked grin came to their face, their eyes glowing so bright it lit up their face enough for Error to see how scarred up it was.

"Did I ever tell you about the experiments I once conducted?"

:}