Chapter 12 - The Alchemist

It was typical for Tommy and the others to run out of certain potions they needed for whenever they went out. Sometimes they would have spares hidden away somewhere for emergency use, or whatever other reason Tommy came up with when he convinced them to buy extra bottles. Of course, they knew they didn't need that many Invis potions, but come on, you can't tell me they aren't cool as fuck!

Regardless of how much they stocked up on last time they went to the Potion Maker, with how often Heroes would patrol the 17th District now it's difficult to keep how many potions they use to a minimum. If anything, they had to somehow make all the Invisibility, Swiftness, and Healing potions last much much longer than they originally should have. Which is one of the reasons they had to cut patrol short tonight, and why they decided to go straight to the Potion Maker's shop instead of going back to the apartment.

Chronos' Potion Shop, one of few potion shops in the Black market, that is surprisingly (compared to a lot of other places) cheap for the quality of the potions. Not to mention the owner of the shop, Chronos, was a very kind fellow. Friendly to just about everyone who stopped by, regardless of their ability to pay.

Getting to the shop was easy, getting to the Black Market itself was the difficult part. Thankfully being able to teleport had its advantage admittedly, and they used it whenever they needed to. Once they got to the market they headed straight to the Potion shop, stopping by Alyssa's place briefly to say hi before going on their way. It was a rather peaceful day, the sky was slightly overcast with a break in the clouds every now and then, allowing the sun to peek through and shine down to warm up anyone who was getting a bit chilly. Other patrons of the Black Market walked around idly, hands either in their pockets, or scanning shelves or tables with items they were looking for.

Admittedly, the place is pretty sketchy, there was always the possibility of someone about to mug someone else. But with a good majority of the people buying or selling items being vigilantes, there was very little to no crime in the Market.

Soon enough, the gang found themselves at the entrance to the Potion shop. Alexa practically ran in as soon as she got the door open, running over to Chronos who had just finished restocking the shelves.

"Chronos!!" Alexa chirped in excitement as she practically knocked him over while giving him a hug. Chronos was startled by how loudly the door was opened, and even more startled when Alexa almost knocked him over. But, with a sigh and a small smile, he chuckled and hugged her back.

"Hey Alexa." He said, chuckling as he petted her head. He waved to the others as they all came in. "Hello guys." He received muttered hello's and a "hey boss man" in response.

"So, what brings you four to the shop today?" He asks with a warm smile after Alexa let's go and goes to stand by the others. "You need the usual?"

"Yep," Tommy nods, looking a bit nervous. "Hey, uh- Big man?"

Chronos looks at him, his smile falling slightly as he tilts his head, giving the teen a questioning look. "What's the matter Tommy?"

"Um.. it's been a little rough with all the Heroes patrolling the district, and we'll.. we were wondering if we could double the order?" Alexa speaks up, her ears fell back some, Tommy just rubbed the back of his neck some as he nodded.

"Yeah... we had to keep the last of what we had going for a bit longer than we should have, almost got caught tonight because of it."

"That's not good," Chronos points out, shaking his head with a small sigh, he looks back at them with a soft smile. "And you didn't need a reason to order more, you know I'm happy to help you four in any way I can. But you will have to pay a bit extra."