Chapter 9 - Treading Dangerous Waters

A/n: Totally didn't forget to post this update here ishaoshais

•~~•

Dark...

Why do these dreams always have to be so dark?

Cold as hell too...

Why are the nightmares always like this?

Why do they have to happen every night?

When were they going to stop?.....

All questions are left unanswered as a distorted chuckle sounded out in the dark of the room she was in.

This is something normal she'd experience in her nightmares, but this time, as distorted as it was, it was clearer than it had been in a long while. The little girl began to shake violently, the urge to take the blindfold off and run growing.

But she couldn't move.

Couldn't think.

Couldn't breathe.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

And then the arms came.

Screaming and kicking at the monster that's haunted her dreams for years.

A faceless figure stood and watched the monster attack the child, a cackle breaking through the screams.

A cackle that made the kid break down into tears.

A cackle that echoes through her head.

A cackle that would haunt her forever.

As the monster went to drop her in its mouth, a figure in white stepped in and grabbed her.

Although being barely able to see through the blindfold, she was able to make out a white blanket wrapping her in safety…

Safety..?

That’s an unfamiliar feeling, but not an unwelcome one.

And as the figure in white picked her up and wrapped her in a white security, she woke up peacefully for the first night in a while.

•~~•

Alexa woke up slowly, blinking and sitting up to look out her window at the sunrise creeping up past the taller buildings throughout the city. She got up and walked over to her window, she sighed as looked out over the buildings. Alexa remembered a time when her dad would take her flying around the city, teaching her how to spread her wings and glide on her own. The memory brought small tears to her eyes, she hasn’t been flying in such a long time, making a mental note that she needs to go flying to stretch out her wings later.