Chapter 17 - Black Swan

"Tommy? Tommy, are you good bossman?"

Tommy blinked, snapping out of whatever trance he'd fallen into. He looked at all his roommates, blinking a few more times before a confused look crossed his face.

"Sorry, I zoned out. What I miss?" He asked as he glanced between all his roommates in confusion.

Tubbo rolled his eyes, clearly unamused with Tommy spacing out for the millionth time just today, giving the blonde a half-hearted glare. "We were trying to get you out of the apartment already dipshit, we need to get to the Underground."

And with that, Tommy immediately remembered what day it was. Every other month the four kids had to go to the Underground, a refuge base where vigilantes and a few homeless civilians were allowed to stay when times were tough for them, to train and get their check-ups. It was also where Tommy and the others trained and spent most of their lives growing up, courtesy of Chronos having found them after they had escaped some.. difficult times. The alchemist offered to take them somewhere safe, and that's what he did.

They had been living in the Underground for a few years, learning to use their abilities before eventually going out on their own.

Before long, Tommy had gathered some of his things he'd need to train in the Underground, and they were off. Mark placed his hands on Tommy and Tubbo's shoulders, giving a hesitant look to Alexa.

"You sure you're ready to try teleporting all the way to the Underground?" The taller asked, giving Alexa a slight look of concern.

She simply smiled, nodding her head and crossing her arms. "Yeah, I can do it."

"Alright.. Remember, if you end up somewhere else to teleport back to the apartment and I'll come back for you, ok?" Mark gave the youngest a small reassuring smile, a slight quirk in his eyebrows as he watched Alexa's reaction carefully.

In return, Alexa's smile softened and she nodded again, her wings ruffling slightly. "I got it Mark, don't worry."

He gave her a nod, and then vanished into a cloud of purple particles.

Alexa watched the particles for a moment, watching them disappear completely before letting herself relax. She shook out her wings, taking in a deep breath and holding it for a few seconds before letting it out. In her mind, she pictured where she wanted to go, internally repeating to herself that she wanted to teleport to the entrance of the Underground.

She took another deep breath, letting her body relax entirely as she exhaled, feeling herself disappear from the living room of the apartment, the ground beneath her feet completely disappearing for a few moments. When she felt ground beneath her feet again, she took in another breath before opening her eyes.

The place was dark and dingy, a thick layer of dust and cobwebs lining the walls. Before she could properly process where she was, familiar firm yet gentle hands were placed on her shoulders.

"You did it! Good job bossman!" Tubbo exclaimed excitedly, Alexa turning her head to him with a slightly confused look, but the confusion was quickly replaced with excitement. Alexa's tail began wagging a little bit as she turned to her two other roommates, a bright smile on her face.

The three boys congratulated their little sister as they walked through the tunnel, heading towards the light at the end of it, hilariously enough.

Something about the Underground that will always come as a shock to people going there for the first time; the Underground wasn't underground. It was above ground actually.