Chapter 21 - Untimely Reunion

It's a quiet night when the hero Zephyrus retires his shift, leaving the building with a wave to the desk attendant and a light flutter of feathers. He has a goal tonight, as he heads to the 17th district of the city. His stride is purposeful yet calm and his attitude a light one. If Techno's notes are correct, and they usually are, his particular group of vigilantes should be out patrolling tonight. Deciding to take the quick route, and with a list of inquiries, he takes to the sky and heads out in the direction of his charge. He has a few questions about them, and he would like to confront them himself. Hell knows Techno would be too honest and Wilbur would be too eager. They're kids. This type of questioning needs a dad's touch, and considering the fact that one of them is a fledgling, he's sure he can do this no problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"FUCK!" Theseus screamed, sure it wasn't the first time he'd been clipped by a bullet, but that doesn't make it any less painful. He kneeled over to look at the wound on his leg, it wasn't anything too bad, but it still hurt like hell.

"Theseus, look out!" He looked up just as NightCrawler decked the guy with the gun aimed at his head in the face, effectively knocking him out cold. She nursed her wrist a little bit, looking down at him as Ranboo and Stinger walked over, having tied up the other thugs and put them against a wall.

"You good man?" Ranboo asked, holding out a hand to help him up. He took it, pulling himself up with the help of his companion.

"Just got clipped, 's nothing too bad. I'll be fine." Theseus replied, and Ranboo gave him a look, eyes trailing down to his leg as he scanned it over, debating on whether or not to believe him. He seemed to mull it over for a moment before speaking up.

"Alright, should still wrap it when we get back though."

"I know, I know. I promise I will big man."

NightCrawler looked around for a moment, having thought she heard the familiar sound of flapping wings, her ears flicking back and forth, the confused look on her face obscured by her mask. "What was that..?"

Stinger looks up from examining Theseus' leg to make sure he wasn't hit somewhere fatal or to make sure he wasn't going to make himself bleed to death by overworking himself. "What was what? Did one of them get away?"

His wings buzz excitedly. "Do I get to do a high-speed chase?!"

Zephyrus, or, Philza (Mine)Craft, as he is right now since he's not technically working at the moment, glides above the city on jet black wings on his way to an apartment building. It takes him a while considering he's stopping every now and then to help out those who look like they need it, but he eventually reaches the neighborhood.

His first instinct upon hearing a gunshot is to do a barrel roll midair before looking around the area in an attempt to figure out where the shot came from. Considering there's not a second shot, it doesn't seem like they were aiming at him. He's not sure whether he's happy about that or not.

Glad he's not being shot at but also concerned that someone else might possibly be dying somewhere. It doesn't take him long to fall into a dive to pick up speed and with a 'whoomph' he catches himself before he hurts himself and uses the speed to fly off in the direction of the shot. His clothes and feathers rustle violently in the wind. He won't let someone get hurt, the teens could wait just a little longer.