Chapter 8 - Uh Oh...

A/n:  so uh, writers block is fun duygeygfEyg

Another night, another patrol. Theseus and NightCrawler are alone again tonight, Ranboo's and Stinger's suits have finally been taken in to get the new upgrades and system updates and all that fun stuff.

Of course Tubbo was still over coms, the big man in the chair, as Tommy liked to call him. 'Telling us where to go, how to escape and watching over us in general!' he'd described it when they all first started going out at night. And while he was right, Tubbo had also given it a special meaning to himself, as it meant he got to scream at them sometimes for basically no reason. Which he didn't do very often given that Alexa and Mark's hearing can be extremely sensitive at times, but he does it to be annoying or goofing around sometimes to make them laugh. Albeit his sense of humor is a bit dark and aggressive, he still manages to make them laugh nonetheless.

And oh boy were NightCrawler and Theseus in need of some laughs right about now. They were once again being tailed by the Blade and Siren, and most likely Zephyrus as well judging by how the things they were saying weren't exactly lining up with each sentence, but neither of them really had the time to tell. NIght's wings fluffed up a bit at a shout that sounded too close for comfort, she grabbed Theseus' wrist and teleported them both to the rooftop on the other side of the street, and, against her better judgment, she looked back saw that Zepyrus had dropped down a net right where they had been before she teleported them.

"Stinger! Why didn't you say anything about the net?!?" Theseus practically screamed into the coms, only receiving a yell back in return. "THERE WERE NO CAMERAS IN THAT AREA, i COULDN'T SEE SHIT!" It was a wonder the neighbors didn't complain about the noise, well, somewhat a surprise, but that in and of itself is a story for another time. Right now our two vigilantes are trying to get away. And the key word there, is 'trying'.

Before they knew it, all three of them were on their tails again and somehow catching up quickly, more quickly than usual. They must have had potions of swiftness tonight. Fuck, that wasn't good them. They weren't exactly slow, but they weren't that fast either, plus they had been running for a while before they started being chased, so they were already kind of tired. Which absolutely sucked on their end, but was quite fortunate for the Heroes.

At one point, NightCrawler's hair moved out of the way and Blade got a good look at the sliver-ish gold Enderian Mark on the back of her neck. He narrowed his eyes on e he truly noticed the odd coloration of the Marking, filing away that information for later. "We have to split them up somehow." He says simply, seeing Siren and Zephyrus nod in his peripheral vision, being too focused on the task at hand to look over at his two teammates. Now, NightCrawler's hearing is exceptionally great, if she was really focused she could listen up to five yards away from herself. But in this particular situation, all she heard was 'split up'. And for whatever gods forsaken reason, most likely because she thought she had heard Theseus say that, she jumped in the opposite direction that he did.

So instead of jumping to the next rooftop, she dropped down into the alleyway below them and ran as fast as she could through the labyrinth-like alley. Theseus practically screamed at her to try and get her attention, tried to get her to come back, but she was already gone. And he knew if he tried to turn back to help her, he'd be caught and they'd all be screwed, so, against his better judgement, he kept running in hopes he could circle back around and help her. But for right now, she's on her own, and Blade decided to take advantage of that.

Night was desperately trying to lose Blade, trying to shake him off her tail, trying to get coms to work so she could ask Stinger or Ranboo for help- but Blade had a frequency jammer and was gaining on her quickly. And she was tired, fuck was she tired. But she couldn't risk getting caught now because she was starting to get a little dehydrated and sore! She'd push through this, she'd make it back home with her identity intact, both her and Theseus would, and she would make sure of that. And with that thought in mind, she found a little more strength in herself and took a hard right into the alleyway over, nearly losing her balance and stumbling to the ground with how much momentum she had built up. Blade was a bit surprised by the sudden speed the vigilante mustered at the last minute, pivoting on his heels and launching himself into the alleyway, expecting to see NightCrawler at the other end turning another corner.