𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝.

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 :
UNIQ

ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇs:
Yibo and Seungyoun

(requested by : animesweet16 )

🍼

No one's P.O.V

It was a cold winter night and the members of UNIQ were all cuddled up close in the living room of their dorm, trying to keep warm. One of the littles, Seungyoun, had recently caught a cold after forgetting his coat when it was snowing outside. However the caregivers were growing suspicious since the doctor said the boy's cold would clear up within a week; it was going on 2 weeks now and he was showing no signs of getting better. They set up another doctors appointment for him the following day but his little brother in headspace, Yibo, was having trouble not being able to cuddle with the sick boy.

Yibo : "but dada, yibbi wanna hug younnie..."

Said the little as he whined and flailed his arms around everywhere. They were told to refrain from being too close to Seungyoun's face incase he were to cough or sneeze on them. So for Yibo, who loved giving kisses, this was very frustrating for him.

Yixuan : "I know baby but we have to listen to the doctor so we all don't get sick, and dada, daddy, and bubba don't want you to get sick too."

Yibo pouted in defeat knowing his caregiver was right.
He also didn't want to be sick and be forced to take that yucky cold medicine.
He mentally gagged as he opted to cuddle with his bubba, Wenhan, instead.

Sungjoo : "Cmon babies it's time for bed~
We need to wake up bright and early for Younnie's appointment."

Seungyoun, who was experiencing a major headache, put up no fight and let Yixuan carry him to bed.
He was sad he couldn't sleep with any of his caregivers but he knew if he did they would get sick and he would blame himself for it.
He couldn't wait until whatever he had went away and he hoped it never came back.
_______________________

It was the next morning and the members were all awake and dressed and they loaded into the group van and headed to the doctor's office.
Upon arrival, Seungyoun started to cry as his throat was hurting tremendously.
Wenhan tried to soothe him to the best of his ability without getting too close, but with a clingy baby like Seungyoun, there wasn't much that he could do.

Wenhan : "I'm sorry prince, you can't sit on bubba's lap, I could get sick~"

He said in a soft-soothing voice as he pet the latter's ruffled hair.
Seongyoun nodded sadly as he understood where his caregiver was coming from.
They opted to give him a cup of water and just wait, but fortunately for them the nurse called them just in time.
Sungjoo held Yibo's hand and Wenhan held Seungyoun's hand as they walked into the empty patient room waiting for the doctor.
______________________

After his examination the doctor concluded that he did have something worse than a cold but it wasn't life threatening.
He told him them he had a mild sinus infection but there were plenty of ways to help it go away.
The caregiver's sighed in relief thanking whatever God that was listening.
They were glad he didn't have Covid which was highly contagious, but the doctor still told them to limit as much physical contact as possible, which in turn bummed not only them, but the littles as well.
On the bright side he did tell them that if the sick little wore a mask, they could give hugs and cuddles, but still no kisses.
They were able to leave after the doctor prescribed Seungyoun some antibiotics and told them a nasal wash could be of use too.
______________________

Once they were back at home, after stopping by the pharmacy to pick up the antibiotics and nasal wash, Yixuan helped Seungyoun flush his nose, which did help but the little found it really uncomfortable, but he knew it would help him get better so he rolled with it.
It did help a lot with his stuffed nose but he knew in about an hour he'd have to do it again.
Now that he could breathe through his nose he really wanted to cuddle with Yibo so he asked his daddy if he could get a mask.
Sungjoo complied and fished a new mask out of the kitchen drawer, watching the little take it hurriedly and put it on as he ran to the living room where his fellow little was.
______________________

After about a week, just as the doctor said, Seungyoun's sinus infection was gone and he was back to his bubbly- energetic self.
The caregiver's took the two littles out to get ice cream since they both behaved so well during the 2 weeks of their second maknae being ill.
They knew since the latter was back to good health, he would also return to being apart of the mischievous little duo with Yibo, but through it all they were just glad they got their happy baby back.

🍼

Sorry if this is terrible, I'm not a Uniq stan and I was having trouble thinking of  a way to end this story.🥲
- Author