chapter 16

'I ...i...got raped sam.'

Sameera frozen in her place.

'What...what are you talking Smrithi. Who did that. Who is that bastard. When..when did it happen.' Sameera is asking Smrithi. Tears are formed in her eyes by looking at her friend's state.

'Tell me Smrithi...what happened exactly to you. Share with me... Please.'

Smrithi slowly lifted her eyes ..

'sameera...it..it happened last week...when you..you were at your business trip...'

Smrithi told every single detail which happened with her on that terrible night.

She is devasted..her eyes became red to remembered that horrified incident. She drenched in her sweat. Her throat became dry.

Sameera understood that her friend got panic attack. She immediately brought water and gave it to Smrithi. She is rubbing her back continuously.

After sometime...

Smrithi had her food by sameera's hand. She is sleeping on her lap in their room.

'Smrithi...how are you feeling now?' Sameera asked her while caressing her hair. She is massaging her head lightly.

'Hmm...iam feeling better now....sam' smrithi hugged her friend meekly.

'Smrithi...listen...why can't we go and check the ring...it must...'

Her words are cut by Smrithi. She got up from sameera's lap...her eyes and nose are became red because of crying.

'I know what you are going to say sam..
Tell me one thing that..how can a drunkard carry a valuable ring? He was not in his senses ....that's why he did that to me...' Smrithi said, her eyes are flashing with anger.

Sameera could not answer her back. She is right in her condition too.

'Hmm...shall i ask you one thing Smrithi ..'

'Hmm' smrithi is controlling her anger.

'Can you recognize that fellow'

'No...sam..it was very dark there. I could not see his face.' Smrithi lowered her eyes.

'Oh...ok..'

'And one more thing i wanted to ask you Smrithi...'

'Hmm..'

'Did...did you take pill...pills after that' sameera asked her hesitantly.

'Pills... pills...what...pills..'Smrithi asked her confusingly.

'Birth...birth control pills..Smrithi '

Smrithi stared blankly at sameera...her eyes became wide...a shiver ran down on her spine....

'No...no sam..i was totally frightened on that day...and...and..i ..i...could not able to think Sam...i ...i..was alone...i did not know what to do...' Smrithi started crying again..her eyes are filled with tears again.

'I am...i am a dumb Sameera...my step mother is correct...i ..i am stupid.'

Sameera understood her friend's situation.

'No Smrithi...not at all...you are a gem...i know about you very well. Nothing will happen to you. We will wait for 10 more days...if there is any symptoms about pregnancy then we will go to doctor...we will decide about that later...' sameera told Smrithi with concern.

Smrithi got shocked to hear that. She is trembling ...fear can easily see in her eyes..

'I...i...don't want to become pregnant Sameera...i don't know him at all..you know about my family very well..they..they will kill me ..before that they torture me till any extent.'