Chapter 4 - Script

Japanese Glossary:

Ohayo: "good morning"
Arigato: "thank you"

________________

         Ella was right, Gareth Maddox can act as a charming, childish and happy-go-lucky character, even if in interviews and outside the set he is a complete arse. It’s hard to believe that it’s the same person when I’m watching his latest film: Dimensionless. When he’s acting, he transforms. There’s no other way to explain it. It seems like even his eyes change and I bought every second he was on the screen. If I didn’t know exactly how he is outside the set I would believe he is exactly like his characters because no one can be that good.

He is that good.

I did some research last night and I found out that he is called the Ice Prince for his cold personality. TV hosts and paparazzi have made it their goal to get a reaction from him. Literally, it’s become a competition and so far no one has made any progress. It’s like he’s dead when he is not in character. He doesn’t smile, he doesn’t laugh. He’s cold as ice. That’s how he behaves, but he plays all sorts of characters. He’s been a guest in many shows, surprising everyone for the variety of personalities he can interpret and how much he changes. He’s become a star, a sensation everywhere and he’s only twenty-one. He already has two films and several appearances on different shows. His fan base grows every day more and more.

From a very objective point of view, he could be a great asset for our production. We can make use of his fame to bring attention to the film, using this competition in the media to promote this later on. I really believe he could be valuable for this production. Besides, he fits the basic characteristics of Sasha. Dark and shaggy hair, olive coloured skin, chocolate eyes, warm smile and steady glance.  He could play a good Sasha.

Ohayo, Ann,” Teru greets, walking inside the office where I have been thinking about this for the past twenty minutes.

“Ohayo, Teru-kun,” I reply smiling at him. “What do we have for today?” I ask next and he watches his tablet to recite the full calendar for today.

“First, we have a meeting for the screenplay writing team. I have been notified the script is ready and they want you to approve of it before sending it to some selected actors,” Teru informs me and I stop him.

“Add to that list Gareth Maddox. I think he should audition for Sasha,” I instruct and Teru watches me puzzled. “He’s a relatively new actor. He’s very popular now so I think it would help us with the promo later. Contact him and tell him about Typhoon and tell me if he’s interested.”

“Will do, Ann.” He then looks again at his tablet. “Then we have a meeting to secure the location for the film. In the afternoon we have a meeting with the costume department. They are ready to present all their options for the film for every character.”

“Perfect. What about the set? How is that going?” I ask next, mentally going over all the things we need to have settled before the shooting.

“It’s almost done. The planning should be ready tomorrow and once you approve of it, they will start working. That is why it is so important to settle on the location immediately,” Teru informs me and I nod, knowing that we can’t exactly wait more for this.

“Understood. Shall we go now to that meeting?”

Teru only nods so I follow him to the meeting room where a group of eight people are already there. The head writer is Paul. He’s written many scripts for other projects TP has produced and I know by the way he looks at me that he doesn’t like me. He wants Father to be here, not a seventeen-year-old girl. He looks at me with the same suspicious and disdain as any other person I have to work with. In all honesty, I’m used to that look by now. It still hurts, though.