Chapter 7 - Last Details

Casting can't be in one day because many people audition and then you have the call backs and also camera testing so it takes a few days to finally have the main cast and all the supporting actors. It takes many meetings and we review their auditions many times. We also consider their careers and other films they've made, to know if they can actually make the scenes they are required to.

It is an incredible amount of work but I'm delighted that it's so carefully done. Sometimes the costume design team and the casting team need to meet to discuss some aspects and make sure the actors can fit what they have planned and ready so far. They even meet with the makeup artists to make them see the faces we are considering, so they can be prepared later on.

I do have my favourite actors already and I'm ready to give my total support and do whatever I can to get them the parts, because I honestly believe with every part in my body that they are the best to play the characters from the books.

One audition I can't forget is Gareth Maddox's. Days after it took place I'm still bewitched by it, the way he changed and transformed in front of my eyes so easily and quickly, without effort or struggle at all. I find myself re-watching his audition because as time passes by I start to think that there were two people and some magic trick to make me believe that there was only one but no, I watch it over and over again and it's just him.

Now I understand why all those hosts, and the media in general, seem so captivated with him. He looks so mysterious and detached but all that persona disappears the moment he starts acting and that is mind blowing. Of course they want to witness the transformation themselves because seeing is believing, or at least to get a reaction but that never happens. Unless he is in character, he's a real Ice Prince. Sappy as it is, that nickname really suits him.

I really, really want him to play Sasha. I don't like any other actor that auditioned for the role. And if at the end he is picked, I'll give Ella chocolate or something because she recommended him and he is beyond incredible.

There's a knock at my door that makes me jump on my seat and close my laptop in one fluid motion. I'm acting completely guilty, as if I were watching porn when in fact I'm just watching-yet again-Gareth Maddox's audition.

"Come in,"I call, my voice an octave higher and I try to calm down. I wasn't doing anything wrong to react like this. The fact that I've watched that clip about twenty times is not wrong. Weird, but not wrong.

"Hello, Ann,"Teru walks in and I smile at him. He stops for a second, watching me carefully and if he notices my suspicious body language, then he does not mention it. "The final meeting for the final casting decision will take place shortly. Will you join them?"he questions next and I use that to snap back to reality.

"Yes, most definitely. I'll get going now,"I reply quickly.

I grab my iPad, where I have all the notes and questions I need to ask the team, and make sure my outfit is in place. I would really prefer if I had some cushions to sit on instead of a chair, even if this is big and I can kneel on it or sit legs crossed, I want something more comfortable. But then, this is Father's office and it needs to look professional, not like my room.

I follow Teru to the meeting room, anxious and a bit nervous because today we'll know for sure what happens and who will play whom. Most of the actors have already been picked, but today is the definite decision and after the meeting they'll start calling the actors and managers to settle the contracts. This also means we'll be almost ready to start shooting and I can't wait for that part. I want to see this story come to life for the big screen and enjoy it like that, too.

Once Teru and I make it to the meeting room, Ryan is already there so I greet him with a little and quick bow before going to my seat.

"Thank you for joining us,"Ryan says politely.