שתיים עשרה

Tony had landed the quinjet on top of a building, saying the owner "owed him a favor." The quinjet is cloaked, and invisible from where you stand on the sidewalk. You had used the elevator after Jarvis had hacked into the security system and let you in without requiring a pin number. Now you are on the sidewalk in the middle of Manhattan, walking towards the giant building with Tony's surname on it, mentally preparing for confronting Loki.

Before you know it, you are standing at the front entrance of the soon-to-be Avengers Tower. You walk in and find no resistance. Jarvis had given you a code for Tony's private elevator, so you walk inside and enter the code to go to the penthouse. You stand and wait, anxious about what will happen. The elevator seems to take forever. Finally, the elevator stops and the door slides open. You nervously walk through. You can see Selvig through the window, working on the balcony with the Tesseract and his machine. But there's no Loki in sight.

Where could he be? You start to walk towards Selvig. Maybe Loki's outside and I can't see him from here? He is outside in the movie when Tony tries to destroy the machine. Once you finish your thought, you feel a sharp prick on your neck and an arm being wrapped around your waist and arms from behind.

"Hello there," Loki says, pulling the needle from your neck. His grip is firm, and you worry you might be bruised. You try to pry yourself from Loki's arm to no avail. You still when Loki uses his magic to discard the syringe and conjure the scepter, the tip of which he has pointed at you, a few inches from your chest.

Your heart pounds as you try to keep as much distance as possible between yourself and the scepter. "What, what did you put in me?"

"Something to calm you. I can't have you being emotional enough to teleport away."

You sharply inhale, staring down at the scepter's blade pointed at you. "Why haven't you used it?" you ask, referring to the scepter.

"If you aren't at peace, I risk teleporting you Norns know where with no knowledge of returning to me. I assume this would be enough to scare you into teleportation."

You should be panicked. Loki basically just said he'll mind control you once the drug is in effect, especially being uncertain the metal under your shirt will protect you. But you aren't. Yes, you're scared, but not terrified, not anymore. Crap, this drug is fast! Your heart stops pounding, but you're still wary.

You try to pull against Loki's hold again. "You're hurting me, please loosen your grip." That sentence probably should have been said fearfully. But it isn't. You aren't scared enough for it to show in your voice. Heavens, you probably should've asked to be let go, not for Loki to not hold you so tightly. But you feel apathetic towards Loki restraining you across your chest with a mind control blade pointed at you.

Loki does loosen his hold on you and you relax against his chest. You fidget nervously with the hem of your shirt and slide a finger across the bottom of your makeshift breastplate. Why hasn't he used the scepter on me yet? You hear a familiar sound out the window and look outside.

Tony is outside in his beat up Iron Man suit, flying above Selvig and the machine with the Tesseract. You watch unbothered as Tony shoots a repulsor blast at the machine. The machine has a force field around it, and you aren't at all concerned when the blast gets shot back at Tony and Selvig gets knocked out. You watch as Tony lands and machinery takes his suit off for him. Soon enough, Tony is walking towards the alcohol with a casual pace.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki's voice is menacing. He keeps his arm around you and you stand with him, emotionless.

"Uh, actually, I'm planning to threaten you," Tony says before he walks down some stairs to the bar.