עשרים ואחת

The past week has been hectic for you and all of Asgard. The dark elves ripped through Asgard's defenses like they were nothing. Buildings upon buildings are damaged, dozens of lives have been lost. Not to mention that the Queen was killed. About the only good thing was that Malekith didn't get the Aether. But if he comes back, there will be almost no defenses. And someday he will find out about you, and will find a way around your teleporting. Odin has pretty much forbidden anyone to do anything, claiming that Asgard will be prepared when Malekith returns. No, no it will not be. You don't need to be a fake psychic to know this. Jane has been kept under lock and key so that Thor doesn't try to smuggle her and the Aether away. After a week, you have enough of it.

You speed walk to Thor's chambers, banging on the door when you get there. The sun hasn't risen yet. You couldn't sleep, so you may as well force Thor to start committing treason now. Thor opens the door, armor on. Clearly, he didn't sleep at all either. "[Y/N], are you well?"

"For now. We both know that something has to be done though."

"Yes, but what?" Thor asks, looking down the hallway to see if anyone has seen them. He gestures for you to come inside, away from listening ears. "My father is not listening to reason. Anything we do will be treason."

"You know, my dad once told me that if he starts doing something bad, something that will put people in danger, that if I can do anything about it, I should. Is it worth it to commit treason if we can stop Malekith."

"You should take care how you speak. Heimdall can hear you."

"I know. It's very convenient, I was going to tell him too, but I suppose I don't have to. Hi, Heimdall," you say, waving to no one. "All three of us know that Asgard does not stand a chance, and Malekith will come back for the Aether." You pause when you watch Thor's eyes turn orange. And then you aren't standing in Thor's chambers, but with Thor and Heimdall at the bifrost. So this is what Heimdall did in Ragnarok?

"I cannot overrule my king's wishes. Even for the prince of Asgard," Heimdall says, voice heavy with remorse.

"I'm not asking you to," you assure him. "Odin is blinded by rage and grief. It's understandable, but if he's the supreme leader and all, then all of his orders are going to come from his twisted perspective. So things aren't going to go well."

"As are well," Heimdall adds.

"We see clearly enough," Thor asserts.

"The risks are too great."

"Everything we do is risky," you argue. "There is no other way."

Heimdall looks down before making his decision. "What do you require of me?"

"Gather the Warriors Three and Lady Sif," you suggest. "We're gonna need all the help we can get."

"What I am about to ask of you is treason of the highest order," Thor starts solemnly. You, him, Heimdall, Sif, and the Warriors Three are gathered in a secluded room, hoods drawn. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our deaths."

"Malekith knew the Aether was here," you continue. "My visions tell me he can sense its power. He will come again, bent on destroying this world for it. We must move Jane off-world. From there, we can fight Malekith."

"The bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in the vault," Sif states.

"Can you perchance teleport us off Asgard?" Fandral asks you.

"Yes and no. I can teleport off-world, but not reliably. And I've never teleported someone else with me off-world. Given the very real possibility of me teleporting us into the vacuum of space, I would recommend against using my powers," you explain.