חמישה

"How did you find her?"

"Just happened to find her unconscious."

"Yes, but how did she get there?"

You hear masculine voices you can sort of recognize. You know they're two characters, but you can't quite put a name to the voices. Loki? Clint? Selvig?

You raise a hand to your head and rub your temples. Your head still hurts, but not nearly as much as when you were in the truck. It's a dull pain now, and several areas feel numb.

You look around, despite your vision being so blurry. It looks kind of like a hospital room. You're on a bed, IVs and heart rate monitors hooked up to you. The room has an ivory and teal color scheme, which is broken by the mass of black and white.

You try to focus on the anomaly, and then it speaks to you. "Miss l/n? How are you feeling?"

You try again to focus. You realize there are two people standing by your bed, both in black suits. "I, uh, have a headache." You squint, trying to see who's talking to you. You see the faint looks of Phil Coulson and Jasper Sitwell. But that's not right. You were captured by Loki, and you know SHIELD didn't ever find where he was. Is this an illusion of Loki's to screw with me? you wonder. Or am I hallucinating? I guess I could try to get some info. "Where am I?"

"The middle of the ocean," Sitwell says.

"We're on a SHIELD commissioned carrier," Phil elaborates.

You laugh, unamused. "Loki! Cut it out with the illusions! I know what's going on!" you shout. It must be an illusion. I'm not anywhere near any helicarrier. I'm in some cement room, lying down, too unaware of my surroundings to know if I'm on a bed or on the floor. Maybe I'm tied up, who knows? I can't really feel anything, it's entirely possible. And Loki's in here too, somewhere, having the time of his life, making me go through this. Why is he even doing this? Why doesn't he just mind control me now?

Phil and Sitwell look at you in concern. "This isn't an illusion," Sitwell says.

"I don't know how, but you must've escaped Loki, Miss l/n," Phil says.

"Really, Loki! Stop it!" You shut your eyes. "I don't see how this helps you! Just get it over with!" You open your eyes again, but the illusion is still in place. "And, really, I escaped? Is that the best you can do?! Not convinced!"

"This isn't an illusion, Miss. Loki's nowhere near here," Phil insists.

"Unconvincing! You saw me, Loki! I was in pain, I was screaming, I passed out! How could I have escaped?!" you shout, much to the dismay of "Phil" and "Sitwell." Well, I do prefer Loki to Hydra Nazis like Sitwell. Hydra is just plain evil. With Loki, he's probably under mind control or some other form of duress right now, thanks to Thanos.

"Wait, what? What happened?" Sitwell asks. "How did you get hurt?"

Phil sits down next to your bed. At least, that's what it looks like. I don't know what Loki's playing at, but I'm not with SHIELD. I'm not safe. Any moment now, Loki will mind control me. And what will happen then? He'll make me tell him the truth. He'll make me tell him about the future, what I really am. And then what will happen? And why this? Why make me think I'm safe? Why do that when he could've just mind controlled me once I woke up? "Miss, what did Loki do to you? How did he hurt you?" Phil asks with concern. It's convincing. If you weren't so certain that you're in Loki's grasp, you would've believed it's really Coulson.

"Please, just stop," you tell Loki. You aren't shouting at him anymore. Your head can't take it anymore. You shut your eyes, with no intention of opening them back up again.