ארבעה

You hurriedly come up with a plan of escape as you exit the helicopter with Nick Fury and Maria Hill, knowing exactly what will happen and who will come. It has been a month since Coulson dragged you to see Fury.

You hurriedly follow after Fury and Hill as they go to Coulson, going the opposite direction of those evacuating the scene. "How bad is it?" Fury asks.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know," Coulson answered. "Doctor Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago."

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase," Fury points out.

"He wasn't testing, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement."

"It just turned itself on?" Hill asked in shock

Fury eyes you, nonverbally reminding you of your job here: use your "psychic" abilities to find any clues as to what happened and what will happen. "What are the energy levels?"

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac."

"How long to get everyone out?"

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better." You, Fury, and Hill continue walking, delving deeper into the facility. "Miss l/n, do you have anyth-" He is cut off by your "revelation."

You thrash against some invisible force as you close your eyes. "D-doors...open...both ends...h-hawk...g-gods," you say in a raspy voice. You have gotten very good at imitating a psychic. Fury and Hill help you steady yourself before you fall. Breathing heavily, you thank them. You run your fingers through your hair anxiously. "I don't know exactly why, but this'll be a day to remember, it seems."

"Is it always this vague?" Hill asks. This is the first time she has seen you gain revelation, as everyone has been calling it that knows about you.

"Yeah, pretty much," you answer.

"Okay then." She turns back to Fury. "Sir, evacuation may be futile."

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?"

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance."

"If it's of any comfort, I can feel Death approaching on some people, and he is no where near either of you," you say, making something up as you go. I mean, you know neither will die tonight.

"Thank you, l/n. Agent Hill, I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill asked in astonishment.

"Until such time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone."

"Yes sir," Hill says reluctantly. She takes a few other agents with her. You and Fury continue in your path toward the Tesseract.

"Talk to me, Doctor."

Selvig emerges from behind his machinery. "Director."

"Is there anything we know for certain?"

"The Tesseract is misbehaving."

"Is that supposed to be funny?"

"No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's... misbehaving."

You watch as the Tesseract emit blue rays of energy at random. "She sure is."

Selvig turns to me. "Who are you?"