שבע

"Everything will turn out alright, [Y/N]," Steve tells you as the quinjet nears Stuttgart.

"I know it will, but that doesn't mean I'm not nervous," you explain. "I kinda wasn't expecting my summer to be stopping a psychopathic alien. I had gotten hints that something like this would happen, but I don't see my future. I didn't know I'd be involved."

"I can't see into the future, but this is definitely not what I had in mind for the summer," Steve agrees.

You pull out your phone. "Sorry, it's vibrating, and we should check what Loki's doing. Some techs put the feed on my phone." You slide away emails and texts but stop when you see the news. You have an app that takes your location and gives you news specific to it. It's nice for when you're away from home. It gives you traffic and safety concerns, and everything else you ignore. You don't ignore it today. "I guess the techs didn't need to give me SHIELD's feed." You press the notification and show Steve the live video of Loki herding crowds of terrified civilians. "It's live. Ready?"

"No. What's he doing?"

You turn up the volume. "-scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled."

"Charming, isn't he? He did that when he first came. He has the philosophy that humanity is meant to be ruled by a higher power. And, of course, that higher power is him," you tell Steve.

"I almost died fighting Hydra just for a totalitarian alien to come along with the expectation of becoming dictator." He sighs.

"In the end, you will always kneel," Loki says.

"Not to men like you," an elderly man says, standing up in direct contrast to Loki's demand.

"There are no men like me."

"There are always men like you."

You feel a chill up your spine. You know what Loki intends to do. You check the location and let out a sigh of relief. "Loki's going to kill that man," you say desperately. "I don't need clairvoyance to know that. That's what dictators do. Kill those that oppose them."

"Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example."

You open your mouth to speak, but Steve is already opening the door and jumping out. The pilot closes the door, and you go to the cockpit to look out the window. Gosh, why am I so worried? I know what will happen!

Loki lowers his scepter at the man. Before the beam of light can hit him, Steve is shielding the man. The blast reflects off the vibranium shield onto Loki, who falls back. "You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing," Steve says as he walks closer to Loki. There's a communicator on his suit, and it can pick up his conversation quite well.

"The soldier," Loki says as he stands. "The man out of time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time," Steve counters.

The pilot lowers the quinjet for Loki to see and Natasha aims weapons at him. "Loki, drop the weapon and stand down," she says in a speaker. Loki responds by firing at the quinjet. You hold on to the seat in front of you, murmuring a line of cuss words under your breath. The pilot dodges the blast.

On the ground, Steve throws his shield at Loki's chest, knocking him back. The two start fighting as the once kneeling crowd runs. You hold your breath as you watch, knuckles white. After moments, Steve's shield is knocked away. Seconds after, Steve is on the ground, Loki's scepter pushing his head down. "Kneel."