שְׁלוֹשׁ עֶשׂרֵה

You and Loki watch the chaos surrounding Stark Tower. Chitauri are everywhere, firing their weapons at people, cars, and buildings. You're slowly becoming more alert as the drug wears off, but you still feel fairly sedate.

Suddenly, Thor lands on a balcony a floor below you and Loki. "Loki! Turn off the Tesseract or I'll destroy it!" Thor glances at you and widens his eyes. Now that your mind is leaving the haziness behind, you think he is upset by your servitude to Loki.

"You can't!" Loki tells him. "There is no stopping it. There is only the war."

"So be it."

Loki jumps off the balcony you're standing on with a shout towards Thor. Loki tries to hit him with the scepter and Thor narrowly blocks with his hammer. Loki swings the scepter and Thor ducks just in time. Loki shoots an energy blast out of the scepter and Thor uses his hammer to shield himself. Loki tries to shoot Thor with another blast and Thor slams his hammer against the scepter, redirecting the blast towards the massive sign saying 'Stark' and knocking a couple letters off. They both continue fighting as you watch, not sure what to do exactly. Loki never told you anything to do, just to wait until the drugs wore off so that you could tell him the future. And you don't exactly have any ability that can do anything against Thor. You're more likely to get in the way than anything.

You hear a loud sound and look up to see a quinjet approaching, guns ready. Before you can shout a warning to Loki, he slams Thor against some glass and shoots an energy blast as the quinjet starts to fire at him. The blast destroys the quinjet's wing and it starts to fall to the ground. Loki and Thor continue their fight. As the quinjet spirals out of control, bullets get shot in every direction, including your direction.

Luckily, you aren't hit by any. But the ground beneath you is shredded. You fall through the floor, it no longer being able to hold your weight. You land on the balcony beneath you, on the same level as Loki, Thor, Selvig, and the Tesseract. You cry out in pain as you land on your feet and hear a sickening snap in your ankle. You crumple to the floor, getting cut and burned by hot pieces of glass.

You try to get up, but you must've broken your ankle or something and you can't put weight on it without being in a lot of pain. You slowly stand up, putting the majority of your weight on your less injured ankle. It might be sprained or something, but at least it isn't broken. You limp towards the wall so that you can use it to help you stand. When you finally get to the wall, you trip on some metal poking out of the floor and fall back down. You decide to lean against the wall instead of trying to get back up for now.

"Look at this!" Thor shouts at Loki. "Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?!"

"It's too late," Loki responds, sounding almost pained. Why? He doesn't look hurt. Why is he so pained by all of this? "It's too late to stop it."

"No, we can, together," Thor promises.

Then Loki stabs Thor in the gut and Thor backs away in pain. "Sentiment." Again, Loki sounds like he's in so much pain while doing this. Maybe not physical pain though. Emotional pain.

Thor quickly recovers and kicks Loki onto the ground. Before Loki can get up, he grabs him and lifts him above his head and throws Loki back onto the ground. Before Thor can do anything else, Loki rolls off the edge of the balcony, leaving his scepter behind. You assume Loki isn't hurt by the fall, or else he wouldn't have rolled off.

Thor sighs and grabs the hilt of the knife stabbed in his gut. He pulls it out and tosses it aside, not even bothered by the fact that he had just been stabbed. Instead of following Loki, he walks towards you. Not sure what to do, you try to back away.

"You're in no condition to be out here." He bends down next to you and you look at him warily. "If Loki was going to put you under his spell, the least he could have done is keep you inside." You try to back away from him, but you catch your broken ankle on the metal you tripped on earlier. You wince in pain and stop moving. "You hurt your leg." No duh, Sherlock. Thor looks around him before he turns back to you. "I'm going to take you inside. I'm not going to hurt you."

Before you can protest, you see a Chitauri ship heading in your direction, weapons blazing. Thor turns around, seeing you look past his shoulder. He summons Mjolnir and uses it to deflect most of the blasts. He misses a few though. One of them hits next to your head, making the entire wall vibrate. Your head was resting on the wall, but the blast made your neck snap forward before falling back on the wall. Your vision darkens as you slowly fall unconscious.

***

It feels like your mind is floating in darkness next to something else. Something glowing a bright yellow. The glowing orb is powerful, you can feel it. You are drawn to it. It is beautiful and gives you a sense of awe. But in its beauty you sense danger.

You try to remember what happened. How did I get here? What is this yellow orb doing in my mind? But you can't quite remember what happened. And despite the danger you sense, you can't help yourself from coming closer to the orb. You reach out to touch the orb, feeling a compulsion to touch it. But before you do so, you stop yourself. Once you do, the orb glows brighter, creating a greater temptation.

"Come here. Your life will be much easier if you come here."

You feel a tug in your consciousness to do as the orb is telling you, but it doesn't feel right. It feels deceptive. Instead of touching the orb, you snap your mental reach back and try to push the glowing temptation out of your mind.

Your eyes snap open.