שש עשרה

After a moment of bright light blinding you and a faint feeling up an elevator, your feet are on the floor and the light disappears. You look around and find yourself in the spherical chamber housing the bifrost sword. Several Einherjar stand at the exit behind Heimdall before marching to Loki and grabbing him, escorting him to the dungeons probably. You lean against Thor slightly, dizzy from the bifrost.

"Welcome to Asgard," Heimdall declares with a smile. "The Queen is waiting for you in her library."

Thor leads you away from the bifrost and to Frigga's library, telling you that Odin really doesn't like humans, so it's best to avoid him. It's not like I really want to meet him anyway. Realistically, there's a high chance you'll meet Odin anyway. You're about to be his wife's pupil and you helped his son imprison his other son. And you're living under the same roof as him. But that is one massive roof for one massive palace.

After taking you into the center of Asgard into the palace and through all the twists and turns of the palace, you finally are in front of the doors to Frigga's private library. You stand still as Thor starts to open the door, closing your eyes and taking a few deep breaths. Frigga seems nice enough, but you can't help but be nervous. Loki somehow found out your secret, and your guess is that it has to do with magic. Loki learned his magic from Frigga, so, in theory, she should be able to find out too. And she's already teaching you how to control your teleportation, what if she offers to teach you to control your psychic-ness? How can you respond to that?

"There's no need to be nervous," Thor tells you. "My mother is the kindest person I know."

"I know that, but it is a little nerve wracking, meeting a queen."

"Were you nervous meeting me?"

You nod. "I didn't have a pleasant experience meeting your brother. And I knew you'd be different, but I was still shaken up after meeting Loki. And, again, not that long ago I was just a nobody. Now I'm about to meet the third royal this week."

Thor nods. "That does sound stressful."

"But it's alright," you say, straightening your posture. "It's not like there's many other people that would be willing to teach me."

Thor smiles. "And I'll be here if you need anything." He opens the door and lets you pass him into the large library. Some part of you expected it to be massive, like the library in Beauty and the Beast or something. But, while it certainly is large, it isn't gigantic. The dimensions of the room almost give the library a cozy feel. The hearth against the center of the wall and the seating next to it adds to the coziness, as do the windows letting sunshine in. The books on the shelves look worn, like they've been read countless times.

"Thank the Norns," Frigga says, standing up from her seat near the hearth and almost running to Thor, hugging him. "I feared you wouldn't return. I was so glad when Heimdall told me what had happened yesterday and that you and your brother are alive." She breaks away from Thor after a moment to walk towards you, her long, flowing yellow dress dragging behind her. "And you must be [Y/N]. Heimdall told me about your abilities. And I would like to offer to teach you how to control them."

"Thank you, Your...Highness? Sorry, I don't know how to address you."

"'Your Majesty' is how I'm officially referred to, though that won't be necessary when we're in private," Frigga answers. She smiles softly at you. "And you needn't thank me. I am rather fond of teaching."

It has been very interesting to be around Frigga so often. Not to mention being on another planet. The culture is so different from the ones you're used to. The technology is drastically different, and it has taken you weeks to get used to just a few things used in Asgard. Being around Frigga is also interesting. She thinks differently than you thought she would. She's very kind, but not in the way you expected. In the movies, she almost seemed like a push over to you, from how she interacted with Thor, Loki, and Odin. But she is much more firm than you expected, but kind as she interacts with others.

It's also interesting to hear her talk about her family. She does love her husband and sons, but you don't let yourself comment too much on them. You don't have any liking for Odin, and you are far more sympathetic to Loki than is considered acceptable. Not wanting to offend her, you keep your thoughts to yourself.

It's also difficult, knowing Frigga will die shortly. You ask her frequently about Loki. Frigga thinks it's anxiety that he'll break out and kidnap you again fueling the questions. Really, you just want to know how long until Thor: The Dark World. The beginning of the movie is Loki's trial, so once that happens things are going to take a turn for the worse.

And, darn, does it take a long time for a trial to happen on Asgard. But that gives you plenty of time to learn more. Which is good, because, knowing your luck, you're probably going to end up on this planet when Malekith attacks. It would be nice to not be as helpless as you were when Loki came to Earth.

"You need to focus," Frigga reminds you. "Teleporting between worlds is a difficult task, and if you aren't focused you could end up anywhere in the universe."

You nod as you think of your apartment. You haven't been there in so long, not since Coulson picked you up to take you to Fury. You start to wonder if you aren't remembering it correctly anymore. You try to imagine your bedroom, and you notice your memory being off. You are remembering your room, but not the one in this universe. You remember the Funko Pop on your bed your best friend had just barely given to you. You hadn't had time to find a place for you to put it next to your other Funko Pops before your migraine got worse and you were sitting on the couch before teleporting into a whole new universe. It was a Star-Lord one. You tell your mind to forget it and try to remember your MCU version of your apartment.

But part of your mind can't forget the Funko Pop. Your friend had given it to you. What do they think happened to you? Have you been missing this whole time? Has the [Y/N] from this universe ended up in yours? You don't let yourself think about your best friend that often. You haven't been able to find this universe's version of them, and you think they don't exist here like how the Avengers don't exist in your home universe. You don't let yourself dwell on this much, knowing that if you do it will hurt. But now you are struggling to forget it.

"When you're ready, teleport to Earth, and then come back here when you're ready."

You nod, thinking you've finally kicked your best friend out of your mind for now. You take a deep breath and think about where you want to go. You feel yourself teleport, and a moment later you can tell you aren't in Asgard anymore. You open your eyes, but you aren't in your apartment either.

"What the heck?" you think as you look around. There's a window in front of you, and you can see the vast expanse of space through it. Great, I'm in space. You look around the ship you're in. It's pretty messy, but not enough to stress you out. You notice lots of distinctly Earth things are around the ship. How did those get here? you think as you see things like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stickers.

"Who the heck are you?"