change you, for you

Tons of gazes glued on my figure as soon as I step into my school. Grow up being the only child in a rich family turn me into a completely brat. Having those so called "popular girls" as my friend didn't help either. I ended being one of those mean girls just because I want to be friend with them, and of course because I was rich too. I can dress up to be pretty. I can afford to bought them those branded stuffs for their gifts. It's not a big deal for us to spent money on ugly dresses that doesn't even comfortable for me to wear. What did I gain from all of this? Fame.

Yes, fame.

But how long it will last? Does it make me feel happy? No.

Well, I thought I was happy but turns out I wasn't. I realize those smiles on my face were all fake. I feel lonely at the end of the day because no one was really there for me. No one would be there if I don't offer them two things, money or fame? Tragic.

Walking through the school's corridor never feel so hard for me. They stare at me or at us most of the time, it's not something new but today, today is different. I wasn't with my so-called 'friends', I was alone and there's no fancy crop and cute short skirts on my body. I didn't curl my hair or put on my glossy lip tint. I wear sneakers instead of heels. An oversize grey hoodie paired up with a black skinny jean are my fashion for today. I tied my hair in a ponytail and wearing a pair of glasses instead of my contact lens. Only a soft subtle colour noticeable on my lips, it feels nice and comfortable to be honest.

Each step feels so much lighter until I heard the murmurs of people.

"She's totally head over heels for Jungkook, isn't she?"

"She thought she could get him by changing her whole look?"

"Once a bully is always a bully, it's a sin she committed."

"So pathetic. She wants all the boys in this school on their knees begging for her."

People always has something to say about whatever you're doing, isn't it?

Jeon Jungkook, our class president. The coldest guy that never spare me a smile. In fact, I might the one he hates the most in this school. He's an angel, well- a cold angel. A straight A's student, teacher's favourite, sport's and art's hero, everyone's crush but also everyone's nightmare. He only comes to talk if there's something related to school project, other than that he keeps his words short and cold.

Did I change myself for him? Yes. Just like the other girls, I ain't special, I'm in love with him too. The only different thing about me is, I confessed to him after my so-called friends dare me to do it and he rejected me with a single sentence.

"I don't date a bully."

What a lie. The top student Choi Nara confessed to him months ago, he walked pass her without a word. The female basketball captain, Ji Eunhye confessed to him last week, he stopped his practice and went home. A new transfer junior who has become the high school sweetheart because of her kind heart asked him out too yesterday, guess what he does? He pushed another male junior to her side and said, "You two would make a good couple." and left.

So here I am changed myself for him- wait, not really. This is actually the real me, the real me that I never show it to anyone before. Why? Because I thought no one would like this side of me and seems like I was right. It's not even an hour and they're already throwing hates but I want to see his reaction first.

It's lunch break by now and I haven't saw the glimpse of Jungkook yet. It's been half a day and I already feel so lonely. My so-called friends were fast enough to notice my changes and they didn't hesitate to mock and bully me like how they taught me to. Yes, I never intend to bully anyone but because of them, I did it to fit in. I'm not gonna make an excuse, it's still my fault anyway. So here I am letting them bullying me.

"Is miss love-sick missing her class president?"

"I thought you're just slow but turns out you're a complete idiot, don't you know that Jungkook go to other school with some teachers?" oh.

"Of course she wouldn't know! She doesn't have friends like us to inform her anymore."

"Why you keep glaring at us? You think I would scare of you? You pathetic sh-" I hung my head low preparing for the hit on my head like they did earlier but it never comes. Suddenly it become so quiet until I heard some whispers.

Looking up slowly, I gasp at the scene of him holding Tanya's wrist who was about to hit me. His gaze landed on me before slowly noticing how I look today.

"Jungkook, let go! I know you always save people who got bully but she deserved it! She was a bully and today she pretends to be weak like this to catch your attention! Don't stand up for her, it's what she wants! Jungkook! JUNGKOOK!" I couldn't even focus on what Tanya said. Not when he was holding my wrist and pull me away from the scene.

"Letting yourself get bully doesn't mean it will make people forgive you for what you did." He coldly said without meeting my eyes. I watch his every move until I notice his hands reaching closer to my face and a sudden pain on my lips makes me hiss unconsciously. I just realize that he was treating my bleeding lips. "And you don't need to change yourself for me. If you want to be better, change you for you, not for me, not for anyone else."

"Would you date an ex-bully then?" the dumb question slipped out my lips smooth like butter and Jungkook widened his big doe eyes but it doesn't last for so long until a mischievous smirk replaces it.

"Love yourself first, then you'll notice who has been loving you genuinely all this time."

soochims here's the book, hope you enjoy :)