your eyes tell pt. 4

You woke up by the smells of delicious food and sound that coming from the kitchen. Slowly adjusting with the sudden lights, you notice that Jungkook wasn't on the bed anymore. Soft smiles decorating your lips as you remember what happened last night, your first time with him. You're wearing one of Jungkook's oversize black shirt which makes you giggles when it still has his smells on it. Suddenly, he come in the room with food tray on his hand. You flash him a smile but surprisingly, he didn't return it.

"I made you breakfast." he coldly said and you were surprised by his sudden coldness. He doesn't even look into your eyes.

"Jungkook, are you okay?" You asked and reaching out for his hand but he pulls away almost instantly which hurting your feelings.

"Finish it. I'll drive you home after I bath." He stood up and heading to the door before your voice stopped him.

"Jungkook, what happened? I thought-"

"Forget everything that happened last night. It was a mistake. It never happens." and with that, he left you on misery. Lost at his sudden coldness and his change of plans. You remember it so well how he whispers i love you's to you last night. He promises to be there for you and never leave you. He confessed how he never stop crushing on you even after you started dating Taehyung, he tried to move on but he couldn't. So, the only thing he could do is being your best friend and be happy for you but after yesterday, he promises he will never let you go again. Why, now?

Without your permission, tears that you've been holding fell on your cheeks as you felt the sharp pain in your chest. You can't breathe. It's too much for you.

So, it's a mistake? The love he made for you last night was a mistake?

"Everything is a mistake, Hyunji." you fake a smile to yourself.

***

"Noona, are you don-" Jungkook will never finish the sentence when he found his empty bedroom with the breakfast left untouched. There's no sight of you or any of your belonging. His breathe become uneven after checking the empty bathroom as well.

"Shit! Shit! Where did you go!" He run to get his phone and about to call you when his gaze landing on your text.

'Don't worry when you can't find me and don't look after me. I don't want to be burden for you and ruin your friendship with Tae, even though it might be ruined by now but I'll go back home on my own so you don't have to feel guilty towards him. I hope it will fix the situation at least a bit. I really hope you will find your own happiness Koo. I mean it, and everything I told you last night. It might be a mistake for you but it wasn't for me. It's too late for me to say this but I love you. I really do. Good bye.'

"You really left, like that? Without even let me apologize for saying things I shouldn't? Without even tell you that I'm a good liar? You are not a burden to me. You are not." He broke down to the floor with thousands of feelings makes him feel suffocate.

"Well, at least she will be happy now, right? At least she's with someone who deserved her, not a pathetic coward like me." He laughs to himself, lower his head and letting his emotions take control.

Jungkook didn't realize how long he has been sleeping on the cold floor until his phone's keep vibrating. His eyes felt heavy from crying too much but he pushes himself up and pick up the phone.

"Yes, hyung?"

"What the heck, Kook? You promised me to bring her back this morning, it's 4PM now and she's not home yet!" Taehyung yelled through the phone and Jungkook stand up almost in a rush.

"W-What!? S-She's not home yet?? W-Where is she?!!"

"How could I know!?! You're the one who told me she's with you and say you will send her back this morning! Just stop fckg joking with me, Jungkook! Where is she!!" He can feel how panic Taehyung was on another line but he couldn't help himself either.

"Yes!! I was planning to do that but after I bathed, she's no longer here and she text me saying she'll go home on her own. So, I thought she's already back home! Damn! Where is she going!" At this point, he rushes out from his house and heading to his car, ready to looking for you.

"It must be my fault. It's my fault. If I didn't kick her out that night-" Taehyung's confession caught Jungkook off guard that he freezes inside his car.

"W-What? Y-You kicked her out? Why!?" come to think of it, you never tell Jungkook the reason why you're out on the street in the rainy night like that. Now, he regrets for not asking you about it.

"I-I was drunk, okay! I saw her get into your car. I know it's not a big thing but I was drunk and jealousy took over me, so I-.... I declared a break up and kick her out." Taehyung broke into tears as he recalled what happened that night.

"W-What! You what!" Jungkook couldn't believe his ears.

He's in love with you, he's so madly in love with you. He didn't lie about everything he told you last night but as the morning comes, he woke up and realize that he just ruined your relationship with his best friend and makes you a cheater. He regrets about his actions, for losing his control over you. He regrets it, but never about how he loves you or the way he touched you and held you closer to him. He was willing to let you go thinking that you'll be much happier without him but now that he knows everything, he blames himself for saying mean things to you and pushing you away.

"I hate myself for that. I know how terrified she was when I was drunk but I-I- my drunk ass decided to scare her away and breaking up with her. I know it's my fault, just please, find her Jungkook. I don't care if she won't forgive me, I-I just want her to be safe and sound. Please."