◌ just a dare | peter parker

𝙹𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝙰 𝙳𝙰𝚁𝙴
Peter Parker

❝ pull up the transcript and highlight the bits that weren't a lie, Parker! ❞

Title:
Just a Dare
Love Interest:
Peter Parker
Set:
after homecoming
before infinity war

Epigraph Idea:
It was a bad idea
To think you were the one
Was such a bad idea
'Cause now everything's wrong
————————— Girl In Red

Characters:

Jennifer Thompson ————— Isabela Merced  Marvel  ——————————— Marvel Cast

Marvel  ——————————— Marvel Cast

Description:Peter Parker had liked Jenifer 'Joy' Thompson for as long as Ned Leeds could remember

Description:
Peter Parker had liked Jenifer 'Joy' Thompson for as long as Ned Leeds could remember. He was sure if the girl said the right words, his best friend would end the world with out a second thought — and that was totally not exaggerated.

It was true, Peter adored Joy. She was everything he wanted to be and more. She was more then he deserved and better yet she was not the reward a hero gets at the end of the movie.

She was happy, carefree and popular and intelligent. Joy knew her own worth and was a contrast against her brother but still the two got along.

It was best to be friends with him then oppose him. After all, Eugene 'Flash' Thompson was the only person who could sympathise with her.

One day, whilst Ned and Peter are creepily staring at Joy (much to Michelle Jones' amusement and concern) the Filipino boy strikes up a dare. He's quick to turn it down, but Neds right, it's the only way he's going to talk to Peter.

Joy had never paid attention to Peter — it was nothing against him, she was simply to busy to care about quiet kids or people who were outside her immediate friends and family.

But when he finally speaks to her, her interest is peaked and she forces her brother to reign in his mockery and bullying.

Interest turned into admiration and a relationship.

But all good things must come to an end. Joy was left heartbroken when she found out it was all a dare. A dare that had horrific consequences. A decay in her mental health, refusal to leave her bed or eat as heartbreak.

alternatively!

In which Peter Parker likes a girl and messes up big time.

Extra:
•so yeah, Flash, Joy and Jessie are abused as well as Rose. (Jessie is Flash's younger sister)

•Joy wouldn't go back to Peter after finding out or was part of a dare, or at least not for a long time. That would hurt her, she confided in him and trusted him and became vulnerable to him and it turns out he only was around for a dare.

•Joy is adopted. She is Peruvian-American

•this is based around mcu Peter Parker, simply as that's the one I know best — feel free to adapt the story to a different Peter Parker if you desire.

•Joy is meant to be rather happy go lucky and level headed. She's a sweet character and cute, one the readers feel bad for and sympathise with. But even though she's feminine and cute and what not, doesn't mean she isn't a badass when needed.

•I like the idea that Joy doesn't work out that Peter is Spider-Man.

•the two would of worked things out and become friends again a little before the snap where they're dusted, so they can be friends in far from home.

•Joy would not go back to him. He hurt her, she isn't that kind of girl, his second chance is just friendship. If he screws that up then it's over completely.

Application:
The username of the account you are posting the story too and your favourite Spider-Man quote.