[Chapter 9] Lost:

Never Normal [Chapter 9] Lost:

"Lloyd, you need to come out. This is getting ridiculous."

"Shut up Jay!"

Jay sighed. He's had enough. Lloyd's been in his room since Kai's tragic downfall, literally.

"Lloyd, I understand it hurts but-"

"Then you know how much I need to grieve right now!"

A groan escaped Jay's lips. He's been trying to keep his cool, but as the full moon has gone from eight days to seven days, they have no time to be sulking about Kai's death.

Just as Jay opened his mouth to scold Lloyd, Nya approached and gently knocked on Lllyd's door, "Lloyd? It's Nya.. May I come in?"

"Yes. But don't let Jay in."

"Wha-"

Nya shot Jay and death glare and pushed him out of the way.

"Okay.."

Nya entered Lloyd's room and closed the door behind her, but not before telling Jay to 'keep his sparky ass out of Lloyd's way or Jay'll be the next to go overboard.'

"Lloyd, what's wrong..?"

"What do you think is wrong?!"

Nya's shoulders drooped and Lloyd sighed, "Look, Nya, I'm sorry. It's just..."

"Just what?"

Nya came over to Lloyd and say next to him; which just so happened to be another corner.

"I just feel so lost without him here.."

"I know.."

"How do you do it..?"

"Do what?"

"Your just lost the last part of your family... How do you cope with all of it so... so..."

"Easily?"

Lloyd nodded.

"Well, first of all, it's not that easy. And second, I get through it because I look at what I still have, rather than what I don't. I don't know how it works or for whom, but if it works for me, I'm going to keep using it."

Lloyd nodded, a small smile appearing on his face.

"See? That's the spirit."

"Yeah.."

"Lloyd?"

"Yeah..?"

"You uh... You need to come outside. For training. We're counting on you..."

"I know..."

"Look, I know it will be different without him out there, but his loss is effecting us all differently. We loved him too.."

'Not like how I loved him,' Lloyd thought, tears threatening to fall.

Nya got up, and looked down at Lloyd who still sat.

"How about this," Nya kneeled in front of him, "Before we train, let's go get you a new comic from Doomsday's and some candy, huh?"

Lloyd smiled, "Yeah.. Okay."

Lloyd got up and as Nya opened the door and left, Lloyd turned back around and looked up towards the sky, "Please Kai..." he whispered, "Please if you're still out there, somewhere, please let me know you're okay. Please..."