[Chapter 23] On the Edge:

Never Normal [Chapter 23] On the Edge:

Kai nudged the young green ninja, but furrowed his eyes as his snout went right through him, "Lloyd?" he asked, and heard a small chuckle from behind him and he turned, seeing Fyre and Shell behind him, with multiple dragons around him, "Wh-What's going on?" he asked, scared but angry. The Bounty slowly faded, showing just the edge of a cliff. 

"This is a joke?!" he roared, anger filling up inside him.

Fyre laughed a booming laugh, then got serious and looked at him, "Did you really  think we'd let you go so easily? I guess I was right, you do expect too much."

"Come on Shell. We can take her down together."

"No."

Kai froze, looking at her, "What..?"

"No! I was never your friend, I was getting close to you so we could find a way to take you down easier."

"We?"

"Yes. Fyre has agreed to give me 25% of the power of I worked with her."

Kai groaned and rolled his eyes, "Oh come on Shell! You don't actually believe that! You know how this ends! She uses you and kills you! Don't believe her."

"No."

"Join me! Come on, we can take her down!"

"I said no! Water dragons like me and fire dragons like you can't work together!"

Kai growled, "Fine. I can take you all down by myself."

Fyre laughed and glared at him again, and Kai put up a large wall between them, causing other dragons to gasp in shock.

Fyre lunged in, not having any affect on her, but the other dragons wouldn't have been able to be the same.

Kai roared and attacked at her as she attacked him, the two of the on their rear legs as they swung their arms at each other, Kai biting at her wings and arms and she was doing the same. The two came to land on all fours and they circled each other, "You're holding your own, I'm surprised," Fyre seethed, "It's a shame your poor green ninja  won't be able to do the same," she lunged at him and he ducked, running over to Fyre, "Come on," he said, "We can get away," he begged, but she stood her ground and lunged at him, causing him to back into Fyre, who laughed down at him, "Poor, poor little fragile fire starter," she said, laughing.

Walking over to Shell, Kai glared at her and made a small fire around him so the other dragons can't attack him, and Fyre said, "You did well Shell," she smiled and Shell bowed her head, "I'm going to miss you," Fyre said, chuckling as she turned and bit down on her neck, making blood spew from it and she threw her off the side of the cliff.

"Shell!!" Kai cried out, unable to move.

In the distance, there was the silhouette of the Bounty, and Kai tried to call out to them. Fyre laughed and smiled, looking at him and she muttered a few words and he furrowed his eyes, "Say hello to your boy toy for me," she smiled and for Kai, everything went black.