[Chapter 14] Peaceful Turns To Pieceful:

Never Normal [Chapter 14] Peaceful Turns To Pieceful:

Finally.

Finally some relaxation for the former fire ninja.

He could finally take a nice, relaxing walk with his new friend.

Nope.

Not on Hades's watch.

"What was that?"

Shell spread a wing and stopped Kai. He looked around curiously, trying to find what spooked Shell, "What is it?"

"Something's watching us."

"We can take it though, right? Fly back to camp worst case scenario?"

"I don't know."

"Well that's comforting."

"Ssh!"

"Fine, fine, fine!"

"Do you smell that?"

Kai sniffed at the air, and then lifted a wing and smelled under it, "It's not me, that's for sure."

"This isn't a joke Smith! This is serious! Something is watching us!"

"Yeah but- did you just call me Smith?"

"What? No."

Kai looked at her curiously, "Yeah, you did.."

"No I didn't! Now shut up if you want to live!"

"I'm not the one screaming!"

"You're talking!"

"You're screaming!"

"And you're both in deep shit!"

Kai and Shell looked at each other, "That wasn't me," Kai said quickly.

"It was me."

The two turned their direction deeper into the woods. Fire quickly started and spread around them, surrounding them. Kai instinctively stepped in front of Shell and asked, "Who are you and what do you want?"

The fire started growing and formed a familiar dragon-esque shape, "Lady Fyre.. I-I-I didn't know that-"

"Silence! What are you two doing out here so late?"

"We were taking a stroll," Kai said quickly.

Fyre looked at Shell, then back at Kai, "Lies!"

"Truth!"

"You dare leave your nest at this hour! You should know the punishment for such a-"

"Lady Fyre! Kai speaks the truth!"

Fyre's shape got bigger until it loomed over the two of them, her blood red eyes boring down on them.

"We were walking near the lake to relax! Honestly Lady Fyre!"

Fyre looked at the two of them and snorted, "So be it then."

Fyre returned to her normal size, "Now it's best you both return to your nests or else something else may happen. And I was just warming up to you Kai Smith. Wouldn't want you getting killed so early in training."

"Training? What are you talking abo-"

"Training against the Hunters! Have you forgotten what brought you here?"

"A dragon that delivers souls..." Kai mumbled.

When he looked up he saw Fyre right in front of him. She moved her mouth to his ear and whispered quietly, "I believe you used 'devilery dragon.'"

She backed up and said cheerfully, "Welp! Goodnight you two! Don't go sneaking around camp in the late hours again or, well, I'd have to kill you."

Fyre spread her wings and lifted off, killing all but one small flame.

Kai looked at it and killed it subtly, hoping that Shell wouldn't notice.

"Did you just-"

"No."

"Are you sure because-"

"No."

"Kai I know-"

"No you don't."

"If Fyre finds out-"

"She won't."

"But if she does you'll-"

"She can't."

"Kai you're special."

"No I'm not."

"You can control-"

"SHUT UP!"

Shell backed up quickly, scared.

Kai sighed and said, "I'm sorry..."

Shell walked up to him and said, "It's okay. I can control an element too."

"You can?"

"All dragons can. But, we've never had a fire controller at camp before. We thought they were long killed off because of their power."

"Power?"

"Yes. Come. Let's go back to my nest and I'll tell you."

"You sure that Fyre won't find out?"

"Not if we're careful. Besides, she loves when people find out about what she can really do."

"Pardon?"

"Just follow me, fire-starter."