[Chapter 10] To Fly Or Fall:

Never Normal [Chapter 10] To Fly Or Fall:

"I can't fly!"

"I can tell!"

Kai tumbled towards the ground at incredible speeds, desperately trying to open his newfound wings to save him.

"Are you some new breed of flightless dragon?!"

"Not that I know of!"

Kai continued falling, and his new acquaintance named Shell flew next to him with ease.

"You need a hand there? You're getting pretty close to the ground."

"I got it."

"No, no you don't."

"Yeah... I don't. Help?"

"Nah. I'm good. Safe landings!"

"What?!"

Shell laughed, "I'm kidding! Hold on."

Shell entwined her tail with his and opened her wings, stopping their descent. She maneuvered him to the ground and dropped him.

"You owe me."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Shell was a strange dragon. Most of the other dragons called her a rare Myniculous dragon, but her colors said otherwise. From what they've seen, Myniculous dragons have a small, lanky stature, and small, agile wings. Her wings, however, were the opposite of small. They were double her body length, and strong as rock. She was all that, but what really threw them off was her color and patterns. Most Myniculous dragons have a dark, black body, and a few random red marks across their entire body, probably adapted to look like cuts and attract predators, that soon become the prey. Shell though, her front body was white, that soon faded into a blue that got darker the further back you went. She was a happy-go lucky dragon, with a heart of gold. While most thought of her rare, others thought of her as a mistake. This didn't phase her, and she went on her normal life, no matter what she was called, feeling special. But as a dragon, everyone knew; they weren't special. They never were going to be. It only pained her friends to see that she didn't believe that. It pained them to see her full of such strong... hope.