[Chapter 24] Green and Red? Must be Christmas:

Never Normal [Chapter 24] Green and Red? Must be Christmas:

A grunt rang in Kai's ears, and it took him a while before he could realize it was he who had let it out. He opened his eyes and a ringing was in his ears. He sat on the ground trying to gain his boundaries and he looked around, seeing he was behind the housing on the Bounty. He gasped, seeing he as he had human hands, legs, and nothing dragon about him anymore.  

His eyes got wide and he ran to the training area, not seeing anyone there. He started panicking, hoping it wasn't another trick or hallucination. Looking around quickly, but froze and tensed when he heard a clang of metal behind him and he heard, "K... Kai..?" It was Lloyd.

Kai turned around and saw an older Lloyd, and then tears started falling, "L-Lloyd I am so sorry I turned into a dragon and was taken away and met this dragon named Shell and this big dragon in charge named Fyre killed her when I ran away to find you and I was so alone and so scared and I'm so sorry..!" he cried, and Lloyd slowly walked towards him, "I-I am so sorry and I thought I'd never see you again and it hurt because I kinda had a crush on you and I never got to tell you and I-"

Lloyd placed a gentle hand on Kai's cheek and the tears stopped spilling from Kai's eyes and he looked at Lloyd, who gently pressed his lips to Kai's, and Kai pulled him close, kissing back gently. And for the duration of that kiss, nothing was bad. Everything was okay, and Lloyd wasn't going to have to fight for the world in a few days. Nothing was bad, nothing wrong. All that mattered was that Lloyd was okay, and that Kai was with him. Nothing else mattered, nothing else existed. Kai moved his hands and held Lloyd's waist, making sure that this was real, making sure that Lloyd wouldn't slip away from him again.

The green one pulled away and tears were on his own cheeks, "Never is a strong word.." he said quietly, smiling faintly and Kai laughed a bit, "But I'm never going to lose you again.."

"I know.." Lloyd said quietly, hugging him, "I know.."