[Chapter 25] The Beginning of the End:

Never Normal [Chapter 25] The Beginning of the End:

Kai smiled at Lloyd, but gasped when he heard his little sister's scream of joy and he was tackled by hugs, first from her, then Jay, and followed by Cole, earning a loud grunt from everyone under him, "Cole.. Cole too much cake," Kai croaked out, and they got off of him. Zane smiled at the fire ninja and gave him a hug, and Kai saw Sensei Wu and bowed, "Sensei.."

"Kai," he greeted, smiling.

Lloyd came up beside Kai and shyly held his hand, and Kai intertwined their fingers and squeezed his hand, holding it tightly. This caught the eye of Nya, and Nya started dancing around screaming, "It finally happened!!!" she smiled brightly.

Kai laughed and smiled as well, but Lloyd spoke up, "Kai.. Earlier did you say.. Did you say Fyre..?"

"Yeah. I did."

Lloyd moves his hand from Kai's and said, "Tell us everything."

Kai nodded and started explaining, and when he was done he looked at them all, who looked back in shock. Something caught Kai's attention in the corner of his eye and he looked over, seeing what seemed like a faint mist and he smiled, seeing a form in it, the form of a dragon. He smiled more and looked down, and sighed sadly. Lloyd held his hand, squeezing it gently and he kissed his cheek. Kai's eyes followed the mist and it disappeared behind Nya and he looked down.

"Sensei, we have two stories of Fyre's past, which one do we go with?" Lloyd asked, but instantly knew the answer.

"We go off of mine, of course."

Kai nodded, "Yeah, it just wasn't adding up in my mind. But, since I was gone, what uh, what actually is her backstory..?"

Sensei sighed and ushered him inside, leaving Lloyd to return to training.