[Chapter 30] The End of the Beginning:

Never Normal [Chapter 30] The End of the Beginning:

There was a small knock on the door, followed by a quiet, "Kai..?"

Kai could tell it was Nya's voice, "Kai are you alright?"

There was a pause before he replied, "Yeah.. I'm fine.. Why do you ask..?"

"Because you missed training, again."

"Nya I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

There was a faint whimper and Nya sighed, "Is Lloyd-"

"Yeah."

"Are you two-"

"Yup."

"Okay then! Breakfast is in the fridge."

There was a sound of shifting and the door opened to their dark room, the power still not back on, and Kai and Lloyd were both dressed and they laughed, "Nya come on," Kai insisted, "Are we really that indecent?"

"Yes."

"Good to know," Kai smiled and walked to the kitchen with Lloyd by his side, joyful and a skip in his step.

Once they were all finished with breakfast, Sensei Wu brought them all out to the deck to train, causing the blue one to groan and complain, "Come on Sensei! The world has been saved! Can't we have a day off?!"

"Smart thinking Jay," those words made Jay's eyes light up, but Wu turned to Lloyd, "Lloyd, take the day off."

While the green ninja rejoiced, Jay groaned and threw his hands into the air, frustrated.

Lloyd laughed and Kai gently hit Lloyd upside he head, "Jerk," he teased to Lloyd.

"Moron."

"Imbecile."

"You know you love me."

Kai went and got a sword from the weapons chest and inspected it, "Hm.. Do I?"

"You do."

"Shut up already!" Cole yelled, glaring at them and cutting off a dummie's head with his scythe, leaving Zane to chuckle, "Cole, they are simply expressing their affections for one another."

"Be quiet, Tin-Man."

"I believe Lloyd's response to that would be, 'You know you love me.' Am I correct Lloyd?"

Lloyd laughed and nodded, smiling. Cole however, was not amused. He rolled his eyes and groaned, "Whatever."

Noticing a slight pink on Cole's cheeks, Zane decided to point it out, "Cole, are you what humans call, blushing?"

Cole spat and laughed, "Pssh, what?! No. Where's my cake," he stood and walked inside, causing everyone to laugh out loud.

Kai smiled and held Lloyd close, kissing his temple. Looking around he smiled, and went over to Nya, "Sis, can I talk to you in private?" he asked, smiling softly.

"Of course," she smiled, following him to the back deck.

"Back on the Dark Island," he explained, "I met this dragon and, though she turned evil I really felt attached to her.. She was so sweet and kind and I genuinely believe she was just misunderstood.."

"Is this going anywhere?"

"Oh, yes. Anyway," he pulled out a small shell on a chain and he smiled, "You just, you really remind me of her, or she reminds me of you," he laughed softly and put it on her.

Nya looked at it and smiled, "It's beautiful.." she smiled and hugged him, and Kai hugged back tightly, "My little shell..." he buried his face into her neck and smiled.

The two walked back onto the main deck and Lloyd went next to Kai and intertwined their fingers, causing the two to blush and Kai smiled. Looking around, he finally felt at peace, at ease with his world. For the first time he was happy with where he was and who he was with, and a small smile came to his lips and he let out a peaceful sigh.

"Jay," Cole asked from the kitchen window, "You gonna turn the power back on or... 'Cause  the milk is warm and unless you want me to shove the milk down your throat or the carton up your ass you better fix it."

Jay looked to Wu with a surprised look on his face, "Aren't you gonna yell at him for his crude language?!"

Wu simply shrugged, "He's not wrong."