CHAPTER 18

TARA let out a sigh to release the heaviness she felt in her chest. She looked outside the cockpit and roamed her eyes on the ocean. She could now see the port Harrison was talking about, though it was still small, they were getting closer every passing minute.

May parte sa kanya ang hindi pa gustong umuwi. Hindi pa siya handang pakawalan ang kasiyahang natamasa sa nakalipas na anim na araw. Her blissful days with Harrison was over, it's time to get back to reality. Magsisimula na ang trabaho nito sa kanyang ama at may mga responsibilidad siyang kailangan harapin. Sa totoo lang ay hindi niya alam kung ano ang aasahan sa kanilang dalawa ng binata.

They had fun together, beyond pleasurable. They made love on every part of yacht, morning, afternoon or evening. Walang pinipiling oras si Harrison at hindi siya palaging nakakatanggi rito. Gusto rin naman niya.

She would surely miss the ocean, the fishes, the starry night, the sunset and sunrise... the sex.

"What are you thinking?"

Napatingin siya kay Harrison nang magsalita ito. He was behind the helm while maneuvering the yacht to the port. She shook her head, telling him that it was nothing, but he insisted.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around her chest before looking back outside the yacht. "I will miss the dolphins," she said in almost a whisper when she saw a group of dolphins swimming nearby.

Long silence befall between them, she can feel Harrison's eyes boring her back and she wished she knew what he was thinking. Nararamdaman kaya nito ang nararamdaman niyang kalungkutan? Hindi pa man sila tuluyang nakakabalik sa reyalidad ay namimiss ba nito ang karagatan at ang mga pinagsaluhan nilang halik at masasayang sandali?

"We can always go back," he said with less energy in his tone.

"Siguraduhin mo lang 'di mo ako papatulugin ulit," she said lightly to lighten up the mood.

She heard him chuckled, and she couldn't help a smile form on the corners of her lips.

"I'll make sure of that. Masakit masuntok sa mata."

She bit her lip to stop a chuckle. She can still remember their first day on then yacht, when she found out they were in the middle of the ocean and when she punched him on the face, straight to his eye. Hindi na halata ang maga sa mga mata sa panga nito ngayon, kapag napag-uusapan nila ang nangyari ay natatawa na lang sila.

They owned the moment while they were together. She felt so alive, it doesn't matter that they were in the middle of nowhere, alone together. No questions, no confrontations, it was as if they had this silent agreement to leave everything behind them and enjoy each other's company.

Nang unti-unting lumalapit ang kanilang yate sa pribadong pantalon ay dumoble ang lumbay sa kanyang dibdib ngunit pinilit niyang huwag iyon ipahalata sa kasama. Nang marinig ang pagkanta ni Harrison ay bahagyang nabawasan ang kanyang lungkot.

"I wanna make you smile, whenever you're sad. Carry you around when your arthritis is bad. All I wanna do is grow old with you," he sung.

Tara looked at him and met his eyes when he tilted his head in her direction at the same time. He smiled at her, a pure smile, no mockery, and something else. Then he continued singing the rest of the song's lyrics, making her heart jolted while hearing his deep singing voice. She always loved his voice he may not say it.

"All I wanna do, is grow old with you."

Tara sighed dreamily as he ended the song.

PILIT NIYANG pinasigla ang sarili nang makapasok sa loob ng bahay nila. Nakauwi na sila ni Harrison na nakasunod sa kanya papasok at may malapad na ngiti sa mga labi.