vii. your latte

"HELLO mum

"HELLO mum." Dahlia answered the call, standing up from the dirty stair.

"Dahlia, ask your teacher to mark your paper faster. We need to confirm it if you have to marry him or not. His family is waiting." Mrs.Arissa blurted, making Dahlia shocked.

"We will get it this night mum. What is his name again?" Dahlia asked her mum, sighing every time she heard the word 'marry'.

She still can not believe that she screamed during the exam hour. Everyone messaged her about marriage.

"Danish. Danish Rayyan. My friend's son. He is the same age as you." Mrs. Arissa answered quickly, annoyed by her daughter question.

"Oooo."

"I need to go now."

"Bye mum. Love-"

TUTT TUTT

The call ended. Dahlia looked at Zarah as she slipped her phone in her pocket.

"Go fuck yourself, Danish Rayyan." Dahlia mumbled in her breath, putting her phone in the bag.

"Danish Rayyan? Fam- ouhhh his sister is a popular actress in Singapore." Zarah praised.

Dahlia rolled her eyes and walked to the ground floor of Academic building II. Zarah followed her and grabbed her sleeve.

"Zarah can you forget everything you hear. Everything." Dahlia bossed, her voice was deep, that means she was serious. She pushed Zarah's hand from her sleeve.

Zarah looked at Dahlia curiously.

"Ouhh you said you are insecure and now you are being a bitch again."

Zarah stared at Dahlia, walking down to the street to detention room. Zarah ignored it and walked through the path, to the botanic garden.

Suddenly someone grabbed Zarah's bag, stopping her from walking. It was Iman.

zarah's

"Zarah, Im so sorry for what I said about you and Dahlia. Tell Dahlia I wan to apologise." She bowed to me, holding my leg tightly. I went down and slowly pushed her.

"You dont need to apologise to me. I dont care, I will tell Dahlia, dont worry." I rejoiced, winking at her.

A smile formed on her lips, we both stood up and fixed our uniform. But yeah I didn't wear uniform I just wear a cardigan and a short sleeve. Kids, please don't follow my behaviour.

"Where are you going?" She asked me, fixing her tie.

"Garden. I want to meet Daniel there." I informed her, continues walking. The wind blew my blonde bangs. It was really hot in the evening.