Nice and Harsh

I walked into the cafeteria and looked around for my team. I stopped when I saw the varsity jerks throwing around Ken's lunch around. "Here we go." I sighed while making my way over to them. "Riley." I said standing behind the group. "Anderson. Problem?" He questioned turning around with Ken's chips in his hand.

He threw the bag up and before he caught them I stepped forward and snatched them. "None other than you. Now, if you don't mind I'll be taking these, and my friend." I smiled sweetly taking Ken out of Cole's grip before kicking him in both shins. "If you need chips, just buy some, rich assholes." I rolled my eyes and gave Ken his stuff back. I looked around the table of jerks and made eye contact with Adam.

He looked away quickly and put his head down. I shook my head with a scoff, before flipping Rick off and walking away. "Thanks, Scarlett." Ken smiled looking towards me. "Anytime. Listen, all you gotta do is just insult them. They're just a bunch of sensitive douche bags. They'll run away crying." I shrugged walking towards our table.

"Julie, you seem pale. You okay?" I questioned while sitting down across from her. Goldberg looked away and hid his face. "I don't feel too good. I'm just a little full, that's all." She groaned putting her head in her hands. "Goldberg." I looked to the boy and he slowly turned around with a scared smile on his face. "What did you do to Julie?" I asked in a sweet tone.

"N-nothing. Not a thing." He shook his head quickly and Averman let out a small chuckle. "Averman, what did he do?"

"Let's just say Julie's riding the pine pony today." He mumbled to me and my eyes grew wide. "Goldberg! I know you did not make her eat a whole bunch of food before practice. She's gonna throw up!" I rolled my eyes before realizing lunch was almost over. "Who's idea was it?" I asked looking between Averman and Goldberg.

They both pointed to each other and started yelling. "Y'know what, I don't care. You're both doing laps when we get to the rink. Got it?" I rises my eyebrows and the nodded quickly.

Maybe that's why they like Charlie as a captain better. He would just laugh it off and make sure Julie could still function good enough for practice. But I want the team to work like they've never worked before. I want them to take responsibility for their actions, like Coach Orion told me to do.

'Someone does something, punish them for it. Make sure they take responsibility for their actions. Or else they'll act like fools and mess around for the rest of their lives.'

Goldberg and Averman just tried to fill Julie up so Goldberg could be starter. That's not okay, at least it isn't in my book. Julie's one of our best, she deserves her spot. Goldberg clearly isn't mature enough to be starter, and Coach Orion strives off of matureness.

Thats why Adam's on varsity, he didn't talk back to Coach Orion, and he's good. As much as I hate to admit that. That's also why Charlie isn't Captain. Coach Orion wants us to experience different situations and positions, because we won't always be in the same spots doing the same things.

"We gotta get ready for practice. Let's go." I nodded to the team before getting up. They all followed and we made our way to the locker rooms.

I was walking with Aspen, behind Charlie, when he stopped suddenly. "Hi Linda." He piped up excitedly and we both rolled our eyes. "Hi Linda." Aspen mocked in a high pitched voice. I pushed Charlie forward, "He can't talk right now. He's on his way to go be a jock." I said while Aspen flipped her off. She rolled her eyes before walking away.

"I hate you." Charlie mumbled after I let go of him. "Not as much as I hate you." I smiled while walking into the locker room.

-

"Hey Scarlett, can we talk?" I heard behind me and I sighed knowing who it was. "Yeah, what's up, Cameron?" I asked turning around. I grabbed my bag from cleared out locker room bench, and start to walk out. "How are you?"

"That's all you wanted to talk about?" I laughed dryly swerving through people in the halls. "I mean, kinda. I just...miss you. Y'know, and seeing you again. Just— I don't know." He rambled and I raised my eyebrows. "We'll, I'm flattered, but I'm sure you've dated a million girls to come to that conclusion." I started walking in the direction to my dorm.

"I-" He started but I cut him off. "I've always been right haven't I? And you've always been one to lie. So, don't think you can get past me like that. I know every step you're going to take before you even think about taking it." I grabbed my dorm key out of my bag and unlocked my door.

In reality, those words were for Adam, but he wasn't here right now. Cameron was, so I took it out on him. It's a habit. Cameron didn't really do anything to me. Besides the fact that he is a total playboy, but that was before we met me. But, there's no saying he can't go back to his old ways. I've been cheated on one too many times.

"Maybe we can hang out soon?" He asked quickly before I walked in. "Maybe." I muttered shutting the door. "Nice and harsh." Aspen spoke with a laugh while getting up from my bed. "I didn't mean to come off like that. He just reminded me of Adam, and I went of on him. I feel kinda bad." I admitted sitting at my desk so I could start my homework.

"Next time, maybe you should take it out on Adam. Just a suggestion." Julie joked from her bed. "Ha-ha." I said blankly before turning to my books.