Soggy Clothes

"The guy hooked me alright?" Charlie huffed while they all piled into the locker room. I was already in there, going through more plays in our play book. "We didn't need anymore goals." I mumbled flipping through pages while sitting on a bench. "Listen, I was trying to win it!" He yelled getting in my face. "Chill out, Charlie!" Aspen shoved him away and sat next to me.

"Mission unaccomplished, Charlie." Cameron  pushed passed him. "We let down simple as that." Guy threw his hands up in defeat. "Hey! You let down, I know I played hard. I'm sick of this. I'm basically watching the team fall apart right in front of me." I sighed putting down the book next to me on the bench.

"What are we even playing for? Some stupid school, the alumni?" Charlie ranted throwing his gloves off. "I mean, the Warriors?" He scoffed taking his jersey off. "It's not who we are. And Scarlett, I sure as hell know it's not who you are."

"We're gonna have to learn to be one. The ducks are over Charlie. It was a big part in our lives, but it's over." I stood up in front of him. "We're on scholarship. I'm staying." Russ spoke up and Fulton rolled his eyes. "Fine, sell-out." Fulton sneered and Russ turned around.

"Man, who you calling a sell-out punk!" He shoved Fulton and Charlie pushed Russ back, "Get your hands off of him!"

"Charlie, calm the fuck down." I stumbled back after the pile of boys bumped into me. "You, get away from me!" He shouted pushing me back into Aspen and Julie. "Charlie, stop it!" Connie yelled while Guy tried to pull Charlie back. "Get your filthy hands off me." I spat pushing him off. "What's wrong with you, Charlie?" Aspen exclaimed jumping up from the bench.

Orion came in and we all went still and quiet. "How long does it take to score a goal?" He said loudly before he threw a hockey puck at the board behind us. We all ducked and looked around at each other worriedly. "Less than a second!" He continued.

"Get this straight! I don't give a damn how many goals you score. I want one number on your mind: zero, as in shutout. You got that?" He stopped in front of Charlie. "Practice, tomorrow morning, 5am."

We all miserably went to get ready to leave. I grabbed my bag to get my clothes and noticed my clothes were missing. "Who took my clothes?" I turned around showing them my empty bag. "Yeah, guys. This isn't funny." Guy agreed from next to me. "Mine are missing too." Aspen muttered and I thought I heard something.

"Wait, everyone shut up!" I yelled and everyone went quiet. I heard water running and everyone else started to hear it too. "The showers!" Ken piped up and we all ran towards the shower. All of our clothes sat in the middle of the shower in a pile. Completely soaked.

"Freshman stink." Averman said and we all looked up at the wall. "Are you shitting me?" I scoffed shaking my head. "What assholes." I mumbled pushing past the group and grabbing my bag. "My clothes are fucking soggy. And I don't have shit to wear." I rambled to myself my packing up my things.

"Y'know what?" I spoke up who was slugging back out from the showers. "Who cares? I'm walking out like this." I grabbed my bags and walk to the door. "You can't walk out like that. I won't let you." Cameron crossed his arms and I laughed dryly. "Watch me." I smiled sweetly walking out of the locker room in my bra and sweatpants.

The varsity was around the corner taking peaks at the locker room. They heard the door open and their heads snapped around.

"Nice one guys. Really funny. So amusing, we were all in there dying of laughter." I mocked their laughing faces pushing past them. I stopped at Adam and rolled my eyes before walking away. "Screw all of you." I turned around while walking and flipped them all off. "Especially you." I pointed at Adam and then turned back around.

-

I was laying down in my bed while Aspen and Julie threw candy into each others mouths from across the room, and Connie read a magazine. "I got it!" I jumped up and walked over to my desk.

"What?" Connie walked over and wheeled her chair next to mine. Julie and Aspen walked over and stood over the desk. "We need to get the varsity back." I said like it was obvious. "Oh god, don't get us expelled please." Connie said nervously.

"So I was thinking, if we could get the liquid nitrogen tank from the science room, it'll be perfect. We could wheel it to their locker room and freeze everything inside. Think about it.." I explained.

-

"Their jackets, their bags, everything." I finished explaining to the team.

"Cool!"

"Alright!"

Everyone liked the idea and I separated everyone into groups so we can get it done. "Aspen Cameron, Ken, and I will get the tank and freeze everything. Julie Guy Connie and Russ, you'll distract Mrs. Lawrence, she'll kill us if she finds out we were in her lab. Luis Dwayne and Goldberg, make sure the locker room isn't locked. Averman, Charlie and Fulton, make sure varsity is distracted. Got it?"

"Yeah."

"Yup."

"Cool, plans set and ready." I smirked at Aspen and she returned the look.