The Ducks Are Dead

"And he just like, yelled in my face. I don't even know where it came from." I finished ranting to Cameron who could tell something was off. We're waiting for the team to show up and me and Cameron got here early to practice on our own.

"That's not what's really wrong. Tell me." He insisted and i sighed. "I just wanna know where it all came from. What made him do that. I mean, yeah i just dumped a bunch of biting ants in his bed, but he's not the type of person to go all crazy like that."

"He was probably just mad. Like an in the moment type thing." He simply said and i looked at him shocked. "No insult towards him? That's new." I raised my eyebrows because he usually seems to insult Adam every chance he gets.

"Nah, i realized talking him down was just me trying to get you even more mad at him. He seems to do that well enough on his own. I guess i was just jealous." He shrugged and i laughed.

"Jealous, huh? Never took you as the jealous type." I smirked and tilted my head while leaning on the goal. "Well, when it comes to you." He shrugged cockily. "Oh, stop it. I'm blushing." I joked putting my hand on my chest. "Come on, a game of one on one before everyone shows up?" He suggested and I smirked, "You're on."

-

We finished the game right as the rest of the team showed up. "How you guys feeling?" Charlie came up to us after skating a couple laps. "I just beat Cam in a one on one match, so pretty good." I bragged and he mocked me. "Keep that energy. We're unbeatable today." Charlie said excitedly and skated away. "Nice and pepped up." I joked making cameron laugh.

Charlie and I were still fighting but decided we need to be on better terms in order to play better. We're both insanely stubborn and unforgiving, so it's most likely going to take awhile until we make up.

The varsity showed up and started skating circles for warm ups. "Alright, let's kick some varsity ass, okay? I want you guys to play how we'd play in practice." I said and Charlie scoffed. "Just because your not starting doesn't mean you have to throw a hissy fit." I spoke not looking at him.

"Whatever." He mumbled and I ignored him. "Let's get out there." I cheered and skated towards the varsity.

I turned to make sure Julie was at the goal and Goldberg stood there instead. I skated over and looked at Goldberg who was frantically talking to Julie. "Problem?" I asked looking at the boy. "Coach and Captain say I'm starter." Julie said to Goldberg and he scoffed. "Coach? I don't see a coach. And Captain? I mean, come on. The last time i listened to a captain was Charlie at the goodwill games." Goldberg laughed and I raised my eyebrows.

"Oh was it now?" I tilted my head and he jumped before turned towards me slowly. "Scarlett," He laughed and lifted up his arms, "Obviously I was kidding. I was just...warming the goal up for Julie." He said quickly before grabbing his helmet. "Oh, how kind of you. I bet she appreciates it. But, you can go sit now." I smiled sweetly at him and he sped away.

"Hey, come with me to skate a lap?" I looked at Julie who was stretching, "Nerves." I explained to the girl who looked just as nervous as I did. "Yeah, you and me both." She said as we both skated away.

"Hey, can we call it even?" Scooter skated up to us and looked between Julie and I. "I hate ties." I said bitterly before looking away from the boy. "They're like kissing your bother." Julie agreed and we skated away. "Is it just me or does he look a lot like Gunnar?" I looked back at the brunette who was talking with his team. "Must be why i find them both hot." She shrugged and I laughed.

"Charlie, can we talk tomorrow?" I skated up to him and he rolled his eyes. "Fine." He huffed and we both stopped after Adam skated up to us. "Scarlett, Charlie. They didn't tell me until it was to late. Guys, believe me." Adam practically begged and I scoffed. "Yeah, right, preppy." Charlie spat.