Ice Suckers

"This is awesome." I slipped on Cameron's hoodie because the varsity locker room was getting cold. We just finished freezing a couple of the lockers. We stepped up to one and Ken stopped. "What's the hold up, Kenny?" I questioned and stopped rolling the tank. "What about Banksie?" He turned around and look at me.

"Maybe we should ski-"Aspen spoke up and Cameron cut her off. "He's one of them now, is he not?" He raised his eyebrows and I sighed. "It's up to you, Scar. I'll let you make the choice." Ken smiled slightly looking at me. I looked at Cameron who shrugged and looked away from me. "I wonder how full blast looks on a varsity letterman jacket." I smirked and Aspen laughed.

"You and me both. Care to do the honors?" He asked and I nodded. "I'd be more than happy to." I switched the tank on and cranked it all the way up. I sighed and took a step back to admire my work. "Well, full blast suits the jackets pretty well." I joked and Aspen held in her laugh. "Hell ya it does." She high fived me and we kept going through and spraying lockers.

"Wait. One more thing." I spoke up grabbing the tube from Ken. "Gimme a boost." I nodded to Cameron and he held his hands out. I put my foot in his hands and he pushed me up. I climbed on top of the lockers and told Ken to turn the tank out. "What the hell are you doing?" Ken yelled up to me. "You'll see." I laughed trying to balance myself while writing. "Be careful!" Cameron called up and I shook my head. "Ok, mom."

"I'm serious."

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up and let me focus."

I finished writing and turned around. "Hey cam. Catch." I smirked and jumped down. "Scarlett-" He spoke before I landed in his arms. "Holy shit." Aspen laughed and looked at Ken who was standing there with a hand on his chest. "Don't ever do that again." Cameron panted lifting me down. "Thanks. Next time I'll make sure you're paying attention." I joked and he glared at me.

"There will most certainly not be a next time. What did you even write anyway?" He looked up along with everyone else, while I smiled to myself, knowing what I wrote. "Varsity sucks ice." Aspen read and then bursted out laughing. "Perfect. Cant wait to see them in the halls tomorrow." She smirked.

"How do you come up with insults so easily?" Ken asked shocked and curious. "Please, that one came to mind as soon as I thought of this plan. It just flows." I shrugged helping Ken roll the tank out of the room.

-

Aspen and I were walking to lunch, and we walked past the varsity who was crowded by the lockers, talking to the cheerleaders. One of the cheerleaders was leaned on a locker beside Adam and was twirling her hair and laughing. Adam didn't look too interested in the conversation, but I still got a little mad.

But why should I? He messed things up. I hope that girl prepares herself for dating Adam banks. Because, let me tell you, it is one hell of a ride.

"Well, if it isn't captain ducky." Rick's annoyingly irritating voice rang out, "Looks like you put some clothes on. Too bad, those were some nice clothes that got showered." He snickered and the assholes of the team laughed.

"Oh don't you worry about that. I'll be sending you a receipt for the clothes, the ones that you will be paying for. I need new clothes after all, so maybe you should just fork over some of the useless cash you carry around."

"Yeah right, like I'm paying for some shit just because you wanna give me a receipt." He chuckled and I sighed while a smile twitched at the corner of Aspen's lips.

"Oh, it won't be going to you, Riley. It'll be going to your father." I smiled sweetly at the boy who's frame tightened and the whole team looked around nervously. "I heard he's quite strict on your behavior, so I'm sure he'll love to hear about this." Aspen added in while I looked at her and smirked.

The whole team was silent. It seemed as the whole hall went silent with the threat. I looked over at Adam and the cheerleader had her arm wrapped in his. He was giving me a small smirk and the cheerleader was giving me an almost dirty look. A laughed a bit before turning back to Rick. "See you ice suckers at lunch." I winked walking away with Aspen. "See ya." Aspen flipped them off before catching up to me.

-

"Check out the new jackets." Russ snickered as the varsity strutted up to our lunch table. "Round two." I mumbled to Aspen who rolled her eyes. "Hey, congrats on the Blake game." Rick smiled looking at all of us. "Shove the fake ass congrats up your ass, Rick . We tied, you were there. Unless—you were two busy soaking our clothes?" I raised my eyebrows and he looked away from me.

"Hey, a points a point." He shrugged and i furrowed my eyebrows at the sudden change of being nice. "We're all warriors now. You guys proved your guts." He said making me have to hold in my laugh. "Something funny?" Cole spat and i looked at him. "Yes, actually. I remember you saying the exact opposite of that sentence—like, the second day of school."

I cleared my throat and straightened my posture, "You guys will never be warriors. Ever. Not on my watch." I mocked his voice and Aspen snickered. "Word for word, I was there." She confirmed with a nod.

"Shut it, duckie." He spat and I laughed, "Cause that insult isn't old." I shook my head, just getting a headache from their presence. "You all set for dinner Friday?" He changed the subject and we all looked around confused at each other. "Dinner?" Russ asked and we all whispered to each other confused. "No-no, no.  Nope! Absolutely not." I shook my head quickly, knowing something was up.

"It's an Eden hall tradition. Varsity treat the freshmen to dinner." Ricky explained and I scoffed. "Tradition my ass." Aspen mumbled and we looked at each other. "So, round up your posse and meet us at 6:00 at the Minnesota Club, downtown."

"No way that place is so expensive!" Guy exclaimed from the end of the table. "Yeah." Rick nodded with a smirk and I had a feeling what he was planning. I looked across from me to Cameron who didn't look to sure about the idea either. I turned and look at Adam, and he looked down as soon as I looked towards him.

"Anyone need a ride? We could take you."

"Yeah, no. I'd rather slit my throat with a skate. Thanks though." I sighed while standing up. "So, count me out." I raised my eyebrows while grabbing my bags. "Me too." Aspen spoke up and grabbed her bags. "I've gotta..do homework." She nodded and i laughed.

Everyone walked away but Adam stayed. "It's cool!" He reassured and I shook my head. "Oh, if Banks said it's cool." I said sarcastically. "Well then we must go." Cameron added and I laughed a little.