Follow The Leader

I walked into the cafeteria with Aspen and we were talking about yesterdays practice. "I can't believe you made them do laps. God, such assholes. Nothing can stop Julie the cat." Aspen finished as she shook Julie from behind. Julie turned around in her seat and smiled. "That's right!" They high-fived and I laughed.

"Oh god." I let out a breath after seeing the varsity messing with Ken again. "I'm gonna go over there and whack them so-" Aspen stopped after seeing Charlie walk in. He looked and them with Russ and Fulton beside him, and then they quickly walked out again. "They definitely have something planned." We said at the same time.

"What'd ya say? Wait and see what they got planned?" Aspen suggested and I nodded. "By the look on their faces, they've got something good planned." We looked at each other before looking at the varsity. I spotted Adam sitting there with his head hung low and he was licking at his food. "Fitting in well, huh?" Guy nodded to Adam after he noticed me looking.

"Tell me about it." I sat down across from him and Connie, and in the middle of Julie and Aspen. "He looks like a chicken in a pin of goats." Dwayne piped in and we all looked at each other confused. "Dwayne, I love you, but I don't understand farm language." I looked at him and Aspen nodded. "Yeah, would you break that down for me?" She questioned and he sighed.

"He just looks like an outsider. He doesn't fit in with them." He shrugged and we all nodded understandingly. "He doesn't belong with them." I stated and they all agreed. "Who?" I heard from behind me. "No one." I spoke already knowing who's voice it was. "Adam. That guy over there." Aspen pointed to him and Connie scoffed after Cameron sat two seats away from me.

Aspen likes Cameron, Connie doesn't. Remember the bet they made? Aspen bet that I'd end up with Cameron, and Connie bet on Adam. Well, they made a new bet for this year. Still the same, just this time they upped it to thirty dollars to whoever wins. I'm so glad they're betting on my love life.

"That Adam banks kid? Man, he's an asshole. What'd ya mean he doesn't fit in? He's just like those assholes." Cameron complained miserably.
"What did he do?" Guy questioned confused. "I see him in the halls all the time. Tripping kids left and right, taking peoples lunches. Pathetic."

"Really?" I asked like I didn't believe it. That doesn't sound like Adam. He wouldn't do that. Right?

"Why would I lie?" Cameron questioned and I laughed blankly. "Did you seriously just ask me that?" I raised my eyebrows and he rolled his eyes. "You get my point." He huffed and I shook my head.

I saw Goldberg pass a tray of desserts to Julie and I rolled my eyes. "Goldberg! Get that tray away from her now." I glared at the bit and he pushed the tray down to the end of the table. "Do it again, and I make you eat all of the desserts yourself."

Charlie, Russ, and Fulton walked passed the varsity table and got stopped by the assholes. They were picking at their lunches, and I knew something was up because Charlie wouldn't just let them. All of a sudden the varsity got up and started chasing the three. Whatever was in the bag was thrown at the cheerleaders, all you heard was shrieks and gags.

"I'm so pissed the didn't let me in on that." Aspen groaned watching the varsity chase the three boys out of the cafeteria. "You and me both." I huffed looking back at the varsity table. Banks was still sitting there gathering his books. "Look at 'em. He's just minding his business." Guy sighed looking at the boy.

"He looks miserable." I spoke while observing him. "He didn't seem too miserable while bullying a bunch of kids with varsity the other day." Cameron added in and I scoffed. "We gotta get to practice."

-

Practice was a disaster, once again. And we have a game on Friday, two days. "I can't even imagine how bad the games gonna be." I sighed tiredly to Aspen while grabbing my bag and walking out of the locker room.

"I'm sorry being captain isn't going that good. They're all just being assholes because it's not what they're used too, and because they're not too fond of Eden." She reassured me and I nodded.

"I don't get it. I'm a good enough captain right? I do what Coach Orion says to do." I complained wondering why no ones listening to me.

"I think that's the problem. Charlie doesn't like Orion, and I guess it's follow the leader. Charlie probably thinks Orions playing favorites. He made me and you starters plus you as a captain, and he already knows us from camp. They probably all think he's just doing that because of camp." She shrugged getting out her key to our dorm.

"He did it because we're good and we deserve it. They just don't understand that." I rolled my eyes walking into the dorm and dropping my bags. "They'll realize sooner or later." She let out a breath before jumping onto her bed. "They better."