Third Times a Charm

we stood in a circle around the casket. i was in the middle of aspen and adam. we were up front with charlie and connie. we all held flowers in our hands, white ones. everyone wore black. the girls, dresses, the boys black suits. we rode over in three limos, bombay and jan drove over in bombay's car. everyone was giving speeches, i couldn't. i'd definitely break down in front of everyone, and that would deflate my ego completely.

bombay and jan technically planned the funeral and came to me asking if i wanted a speech. i immediately passed the opportunity over to charlie, who probably wouldn't end up sobbing in front of a bunch of people. but, he declined as well.

bombay threw hans' jersey on the casket, and i took a deep breath. then, we got into a line and started to throw the white flowers on the casket. i was first, i smiled sadly and placed it neatly on top. adam was after me, he came up behind me and nudged me. "hey." he said with a smile. "hi," i breathed brushing off my dress, "you okay?"

"yeah, you?" he questioned and i shrugged. "as okay as you can be at a funeral." he reached his hand out, i took it and he started walking. i didn't ask anything, i just followed with a confused look on my face. we stopped at a pond, bombay and charlie were walking back up towards everyone.
they were all starting to get ready to go have lunch together at the diner. "sit." adam motioned to the ground and i sat a couple feet away from the water, he followed.

the lake was a lot more blue than i've never seen, it was so transparent i could see the different fish swimming around. it was almost isolated from everywhere else because of the trees that hid it. i had to admit, it was beautiful. i'd come here often if i lived near here.

"what's up?" i asked, not looking at him. "we just haven't talked in awhile. you're very missable, in case you were wondering." he joked. "i figured. i tend to be miss by lots." i sighed jokingly, he chuckled a little. "so, you and cameron, huh?" he trailed off and i almost laughed.

"getting straight to the point, huh?" i raised my eyebrows looking at his nervous expression. "no, i-" he stuttered but could get seem to find any words. "it's cool, chill. and no, there's no me and cameron. i don't know why you would even think that."

"the hickey was pretty noticeable," he taunted and i swallowed. "it..was?" i questioned quietly. "yeah." he laughed, shaking his head. "that means bombay saw it too." the realization hit me as hard as a bus could, oh well. "guess so." he stifled a laugh. "not funny." i mumbled, putting my head in my hands. "it sorta is."

"not, really. like—at all. bet you're happy though." i smirked looking back to the lake. "wha-why?" he asked."you didn't hear the news?" my head tilted and looked back towards him. "no, what news?"

"you're good friend cameron, is moving away."

"oh...oh." he sounded almost excited and i laughed. "you are happy then i take it." i noted and played with my hands in my lap. "we could use another shot..." he trailed off in a suggesting tone. my eyes lit up with amusement as i looked up at him. "god no." i said honestly with a small smirk. "oh, come on."

"i don't know." i said hesitantly while shaking my head. "you know what they say, 'third times a charm.'" adam smirked and I rolled my eyes. "no one says that when they're talking about relationships. that's just toxic." i scoffed crossing my arms.

"why not?" he whined like a three year old. "that's basically peer pressure." i joked standing up. "yeah," he sneered, annoyed, "i know you want to." he taunted, in a sing-song voice. "well...maybe if you can catch me," my lips turned into a taunting smirk to match his tone while i started to back up, "i'll consider it." i finished slipping my shoes off and running around the lake. "hey, no fair, you got a head start!" he shouted running after me.

"don't forget my four year track experience!" i added in speeding up my steps. i could be here awhile if i really wanted to. "ugh."

-

after fifteen minutes, we were still running in circles. i had made it around eight times. that's about two miles, considering the size of the lake. adam was now dragging his feet in a slow jog, i was still sprinting and running backwards now. i smiled and slowed down a bit. "nice workout, huh, banks?" i raised my eyebrows. "i give up." he collapsed to the ground. i jogged over to bud and held my hand out to help him up.

my hand gripped his, and instead of helping him up i bent down. "not a chance, lover boy. you can get up yourself." i ruffled hair hair and his face scrunched up. "did you at least consider it?" he panted, in a hopeful tone. "yeah."

"and?"

"that's for me to know, and you to figure out." i walked away. i heard him groan, but he didn't move. he'll be sore enough tomorrow morning.

i saw a familiar car and i questioned the time. bombay came back for me. "has it really been that long?" i questioned getting into the front seat. "we all had lunch," he watched me buckle then started to pull out of the parking lot, "three hours ago."

"holy shit."

"language."

"it's been that long?" i looked out the window, it didn't feel like that long. i started to worry if adam had a ride home, but i saw mrs. banks' car pull into the parking lot as we left. "i'm glad you and adam are back together."

"uh, we're not." i crossed my arms looking back into the car. "tell yourself that. once you wipe that smile off your face and the blush fades away, then maybe i'll consider it." he shrugged smugly. i stumbled over my words, trying to find a sentence. i gave up and huffed, turning away from him.

he smirked to himself and just kept driving.

-
so mini vlog about my day...
first we were doing harry potter shit in english and i'm like omg i'm literally gonna do so good

and

next thing u know me and a whole group of people got called down to the office because we were exposed to covid

the end.